Replacement for 6563328 fluid?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Streblerm

New to the forum but I have read quite a bit. I searched for some information on 6563328 fluid but I didn't specifically find what it's replacement was. I have a Bobcat M310 and it holds 8 gallons of 6563328 or the manual recommends 10w30/40 engine oil. I want to stick with the Bobcat fluid but according to my dealer it doesn't exist and has been replaced by Bobcat all season Hydraulic/hydrostatic fluid 6904026 (gallon). The M310 is a clutch driven machine and the chains/gears are lubricated by the oil. The hydraulic portion of the machine uses the chaincase as a resevoir for a small pump for hydraulics. My concern is that the the All-Season Hydraulic/Hydrostatic Fluid seems thinner than both the oil that came out of the resevoir and 10w30 motor oil. I hate to put $150 worth of oil in the machine only to have it cause problems. I contacted Bobcat and they blew me off and said the dealer would know best without answering my question. At this point, unless someone has a good argument otherwise, I am planning on taking the Hydro fluid back and just putting in the motor oil. It will probably cost me half as much and at least I will know it is the right stuff according to the manual. Thanks
drive.jpg

OP
OP
S

Streblerm

it crosses to 6903117 which is a 2 1/2 gal bobcat hyd oil
Thanks for the info. That is the stuff I have. I don't mean to question your knowledge on the subject, but is there a service bulletin or anything of the sort?
I see Bobcat also sells transmission/Differential fluid which is for use in "some" hydraulic systems. I wonder if this wouldn't be a better fit.
I know I am probably overthinking this. Since it is an old machine my thought process is that the new fluid was probably optimized for hydrostatic machines, not old obsolete chain driven ones. With 8 gallons of fluid and a small displacement pump it is obvious that the oil is designed to protect the drive system first. For the amount of use that this little machine will see it probably won't make any difference anyway. I just like to know that I am putting it back together with the right stuff.

mrdeere1959

Thanks for the info. That is the stuff I have. I don't mean to question your knowledge on the subject, but is there a service bulletin or anything of the sort?
I see Bobcat also sells transmission/Differential fluid which is for use in "some" hydraulic systems. I wonder if this wouldn't be a better fit.
I know I am probably overthinking this. Since it is an old machine my thought process is that the new fluid was probably optimized for hydrostatic machines, not old obsolete chain driven ones. With 8 gallons of fluid and a small displacement pump it is obvious that the oil is designed to protect the drive system first. For the amount of use that this little machine will see it probably won't make any difference anyway. I just like to know that I am putting it back together with the right stuff.
I don't know about a bulletin but when you try to order the old number from bobcat it crosses to the one I gave you. do not use the trans diff oil. It is for the bobcat tractors and utility vehicle axles and maybe even tool cat diffs. it has additives that are not needed in your application. it is also more money.

donald73d

I don't know about a bulletin but when you try to order the old number from bobcat it crosses to the one I gave you. do not use the trans diff oil. It is for the bobcat tractors and utility vehicle axles and maybe even tool cat diffs. it has additives that are not needed in your application. it is also more money.
I would use tractor transmission and hydraulic fluid from TSC or NAPA or Walmart. Tractors have gears and hydraulics and that is what they use. I do not think you want the additives or detergents in normal motor oil.

Stephend

When the drain plug in 751 came out and I lost 8 gallons from the chain drive, the Oklahoma Bobcat dealer said to be sure to refill the chain case with hydraulic fluid. I used R&O 32 from Wal-mart.

Tazza

Staff member
When the drain plug in 751 came out and I lost 8 gallons from the chain drive, the Oklahoma Bobcat dealer said to be sure to refill the chain case with hydraulic fluid. I used R&O 32 from Wal-mart.
The thing is, the 751s chaincase is only a chaincase, no clutches and its not a reserve tank for the hydraulics. I run engine grade oil in my chain cases, they are al hydrostatic drive so no clutches to worry about.

7LBSSMALLIE

The thing is, the 751s chaincase is only a chaincase, no clutches and its not a reserve tank for the hydraulics. I run engine grade oil in my chain cases, they are al hydrostatic drive so no clutches to worry about.
i have often thought that running 90 in a chaincase that is only a chain case wouldnt hurt a thing and i put a magnet in

OP
OP
S

Streblerm

i have often thought that running 90 in a chaincase that is only a chain case wouldnt hurt a thing and i put a magnet in
I have decided to stick with the Bobcat Hydraulic fluid. Between the dealer, sources here, and finally getting a reply direct from bobcat I am convinced that I have the correct replacement. I considered trying to hunt down the MSDS for both and try and figure out the difference but I dont think it will be worth the hassle. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't cause any issues with the clutches or gear wear. For all the more I will use it it I've probably already spent too much time agonizing over the decision. Thanks to everyone for their input.