Questions about lug nuts

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

I got 8 tires and wheels with the 853, I noticed one of the rims lug holes were worn out from being not tight enough. What do you guys use, a torque wrench or impact.

goodtech

Bobcat reccommends that the lugs be tightened at 150lbs of torque and to be checked again 20 hrs after operation. I don't trust an impact gun when it comes down to putting wheels on. If it is too loose it can cause to much damage to your rim and lugs and when it it too tight it will snap off your studs. been there and done it

140mower

Bobcat reccommends that the lugs be tightened at 150lbs of torque and to be checked again 20 hrs after operation. I don't trust an impact gun when it comes down to putting wheels on. If it is too loose it can cause to much damage to your rim and lugs and when it it too tight it will snap off your studs. been there and done it
I have to second the torquing and re-torquing of wheel nuts. I'm not sure that the exact torque values (thinking roadside/jobsite repairs) are as important as having all nuts equal in torque, especially if it's your tow vehicle you're working on. Nothing worse than warped rotors that can be easily prevented with a torque wrench.
As for re-torquing all it takes is a small grain of sand or a flake of rust between the rim and hub and in a few short hours it is pulverized and you have a loose wheel just begging for trouble.
Don

Latest posts