Prime Mover L1200D

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kcils1

Just got it. I have take in some test. It the implement pump. 1,000psi @ 1,800 rpm not good .Should be 2200 psi@ 1800rpm. Looking at 6.8 GPM @ 1800 RPM. The pump is not even going over the relief. I've done some research and found some book. . The pump that's in it is (Rexroth pump S15S-9-D-H-1-2-R), (Borg Warner 515 S-9-D-H-1-2-R). I found a match ; Prince SP20 So I'm good. Like you said Old Machinist . All the parts are on self. The engine Isuzu Diesel 3AB1 runs very good. From all the manuals and parts book I have. Part are available. Thank again, Tom

Tazza

Staff member
I guess the only thing left to do is pull the pump and have a look, it sounds like its badly worn and may need replacing. It could be that the relief is stuck open not allowing it to build up enough pressure.
I'm assuming the hydraulics are for a tipping trailer?

OP
OP
K

kcils1

I guess the only thing left to do is pull the pump and have a look, it sounds like its badly worn and may need replacing. It could be that the relief is stuck open not allowing it to build up enough pressure.
I'm assuming the hydraulics are for a tipping trailer?
Pulled the pump today. Heck I found about $30 buck worth of tools. What a mess. It's the pump OEM Rexroth S15S-9 series old 80's according to the book. The book and part# says it's 1.00cu. in./rev.. I've got one that is equvalent to a 10 witch is 1.2cu. in./rev to put in it. It would change the GPM from 6.8 to 8.4 . I just hope it will not crate a problems with heat or speed. It will be on the border line. Any feed back would be helpfull. Thanks ,Tom

Tazza

Staff member
Pulled the pump today. Heck I found about $30 buck worth of tools. What a mess. It's the pump OEM Rexroth S15S-9 series old 80's according to the book. The book and part# says it's 1.00cu. in./rev.. I've got one that is equvalent to a 10 witch is 1.2cu. in./rev to put in it. It would change the GPM from 6.8 to 8.4 . I just hope it will not crate a problems with heat or speed. It will be on the border line. Any feed back would be helpfull. Thanks ,Tom
Thats only a very slight increase, i see no issues. It will only heat up when used and that won't be for too long unless you are talking power steering. If so, they usually have an oil cooler.