pipe/wire puller

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

free skakel

ive been wanting to buils a pipe puller for the quick tach on my tb135 excavator, something simple just a nice blade maybe with a chineese finger cuff to hold 1" irrigation pipe , any body build one? i live in a sandier area and i thing that by manipulating the hydrualic levers i could get some good vibratory action going on? this might also work, i did some soil testing for a guy that helped develope this and have never seen one in actual use before http://turbojack.blogspot.com/2008/04/turbo-jack-video.html

Tazza

Staff member
Can you simply use a thumb on the excivator? If you can get it to close up tight between the bucket, it may work?

glenbell

Can you simply use a thumb on the excivator? If you can get it to close up tight between the bucket, it may work?
I think he's referring to a way to slit the sod/ground open and lay pipe/wire in the slit with minimal ground distruption all in one operation as in those machines that do that very job for underground sprinkler installations? Ditch Witch is one maker of those I believe. But using the thumb on the bucket is not what he wants as in a wide trench I'm thinking....more like a narrow ripper tooth with a hose hole /chinese finger lock thing to pull pipe into ripper slit. If my assumptions are correct it wouldn't be too hard to fabricate up, just need to make the hole hole on the end of the ripper taperred so you put put a plug in it to do 2 things: lock the hose to the ripper and keep the hose from filling with dirt as it's pulled along in the round. Not sure how much vibration would be necessary as long as the machine had the oomph to pull that ripper through the ground. A nice sharp inner edge along a bit of a "(" curve would do it I think.

Glen

Tazza

Staff member
I think he's referring to a way to slit the sod/ground open and lay pipe/wire in the slit with minimal ground distruption all in one operation as in those machines that do that very job for underground sprinkler installations? Ditch Witch is one maker of those I believe. But using the thumb on the bucket is not what he wants as in a wide trench I'm thinking....more like a narrow ripper tooth with a hose hole /chinese finger lock thing to pull pipe into ripper slit. If my assumptions are correct it wouldn't be too hard to fabricate up, just need to make the hole hole on the end of the ripper taperred so you put put a plug in it to do 2 things: lock the hose to the ripper and keep the hose from filling with dirt as it's pulled along in the round. Not sure how much vibration would be necessary as long as the machine had the oomph to pull that ripper through the ground. A nice sharp inner edge along a bit of a "(" curve would do it I think.

Glen
Ah i know what you're talking about then.