tree puller from scrap and dump truck jack

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
That is awesome!
So simple, yet gives a lot of lifting power, could be made to run off a skidder.

OP
OP
walio123

walio123

That is awesome!
So simple, yet gives a lot of lifting power, could be made to run off a skidder.
The initial version was mounted on Bobcat 953, but the need to move skister on a trailer I rework it for the tractor. Bobcat has a much higher flow rate and worked faster..

Tazza

Staff member
The initial version was mounted on Bobcat 953, but the need to move skister on a trailer I rework it for the tractor. Bobcat has a much higher flow rate and worked faster..
Even at the slower speed, it sure saves you spending hours digging it out by hand.
Such a simple design too. When i pull trees, i rely on the power of the lift arms on my skid steer, with how far back the pivot points are, you really don't have a lot of lifting power that you need to pull a tree, that would have some sreious power to pull a tree stump out.
It is one atachment i haven't seen bobcat sell, they sell a spade that you go around stumps to cut the roots and then pop it out of the ground, this takes a fraction of the time.

OP
OP
walio123

walio123

Even at the slower speed, it sure saves you spending hours digging it out by hand.
Such a simple design too. When i pull trees, i rely on the power of the lift arms on my skid steer, with how far back the pivot points are, you really don't have a lot of lifting power that you need to pull a tree, that would have some sreious power to pull a tree stump out.
It is one atachment i haven't seen bobcat sell, they sell a spade that you go around stumps to cut the roots and then pop it out of the ground, this takes a fraction of the time.
Bobcat does not sell such attachment. In the distant year of 1996 we had to remove 10 decares of old plum trees. We were thinking of hiring a bulldozer for this job. Then there were bad times in my country. Inflation that devalued money for days. It turned out that if we hired a bulldozer we would have to spend almost all of our money. I had an almost new 953 bobcat and with my dad I decided to try with it. We looked at what a Bobcat offered and I thought that what they offer is good if you have to take 2-3 trees a day, load a lot of the machine's arm. My father, who is a construction engineer in education, told me that we can make a simple construction that takes almost all the workloads on himself without weighing the skidsteer. Proposed this form of a triangular pyramid, and a lever attached to the top. I bought a jack from an old Tatra truck that was sold for parts. It is a 20 ton dump truck so I hope I will have power.We made the whole construction for 3 days. We only have to figure out the grip that will hold the tree. At first I thought it was like a bobcats tree spade but I could not find a suitable cylinder and diverter valve. That's why we decided to make it just in the shape of V. We were thinking of winding a chain around the tree so it would not slip. It was superfluous due to the radial movement of the lever. I'm just sorry I have no pictures since then, I was not up to it. For 3 days, I have eradicated nearly 1,000 trees. We then reworked it on a 3 point grip because of better mobility and better visibility when use tractor.After 2 years I sold it and now I'm surprised to see it in you tube, in a neighboring country ..... I can recognize my work, everything was done urgently, the machine seems so ugly and still effective.

Tazza

Staff member
Bobcat does not sell such attachment. In the distant year of 1996 we had to remove 10 decares of old plum trees. We were thinking of hiring a bulldozer for this job. Then there were bad times in my country. Inflation that devalued money for days. It turned out that if we hired a bulldozer we would have to spend almost all of our money. I had an almost new 953 bobcat and with my dad I decided to try with it. We looked at what a Bobcat offered and I thought that what they offer is good if you have to take 2-3 trees a day, load a lot of the machine's arm. My father, who is a construction engineer in education, told me that we can make a simple construction that takes almost all the workloads on himself without weighing the skidsteer. Proposed this form of a triangular pyramid, and a lever attached to the top. I bought a jack from an old Tatra truck that was sold for parts. It is a 20 ton dump truck so I hope I will have power.We made the whole construction for 3 days. We only have to figure out the grip that will hold the tree. At first I thought it was like a bobcats tree spade but I could not find a suitable cylinder and diverter valve. That's why we decided to make it just in the shape of V. We were thinking of winding a chain around the tree so it would not slip. It was superfluous due to the radial movement of the lever. I'm just sorry I have no pictures since then, I was not up to it. For 3 days, I have eradicated nearly 1,000 trees. We then reworked it on a 3 point grip because of better mobility and better visibility when use tractor.After 2 years I sold it and now I'm surprised to see it in you tube, in a neighboring country ..... I can recognize my work, everything was done urgently, the machine seems so ugly and still effective.
An even better best part of not hiring a dozer (other than saving the money) and building your own is that you can pull trees out any time you want, you can also hire yourself out to pull trees for other people.
The the wedge you have for grabbing the tree is great, if using a chain, every time you pull a stump, you will need to manually remove the chain and hook up the next one.
That is a pretty good build for 3 days without plans. I know for my builds that i have no plans for, i generally have to go back to them to toughen up parts that crack or bend if they weren't as strong as i'd have hoped they were.

OP
OP
walio123

walio123

An even better best part of not hiring a dozer (other than saving the money) and building your own is that you can pull trees out any time you want, you can also hire yourself out to pull trees for other people.
The the wedge you have for grabbing the tree is great, if using a chain, every time you pull a stump, you will need to manually remove the chain and hook up the next one.
That is a pretty good build for 3 days without plans. I know for my builds that i have no plans for, i generally have to go back to them to toughen up parts that crack or bend if they weren't as strong as i'd have hoped they were.
I had a plan. My father had drawn everything, sizeс, and so on. Just when a person is pressed he thinks creatively. When you feel comfortably you look to buy something ready for use :)

Tazza

Staff member
I had a plan. My father had drawn everything, sizeс, and so on. Just when a person is pressed he thinks creatively. When you feel comfortably you look to buy something ready for use :)
When in a bind, it sure helps with the creativity :)