no voltage at glow plug (s) on a Bobcat 763-G

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1awert1

I checked and found i have no voltage at the GP, on a 763-G, the relay appears to be working as i can feel it click when i turn the key on. but nothing is getting back there.....any ideas???

antfarmer2

My 743 did the same thing it was just a loose wire from the solinoid to the first low plug but check all the only sure way to check glow plugs is to pull each one and put power to them should glow at least a 1/4" all the way to the tip if one is bad the next ones will not get power

OP
OP

1awert1

My 743 did the same thing it was just a loose wire from the solinoid to the first low plug but check all the only sure way to check glow plugs is to pull each one and put power to them should glow at least a 1/4" all the way to the tip if one is bad the next ones will not get power
I'm sure the GP itself is fine, they just do not get 12 V. up there......

elbowcarey

I'm sure the GP itself is fine, they just do not get 12 V. up there......
Sounds like you don't have voltage to the first one........... You can check em' like Antfarmer suggested but you can leave them in. Just unscrew the jumper wires that join the plugs together and with a Fluke 87 check the Ohms from the end of the plug to the body of the plug, you should read approx. 1.5 Ohms..... If 0 the plug has a short, if Infinite the plug is open and the open on the 1st plug could cause you to not have voltage on all three.............Start from the 12VDC source

OP
OP

1awert1

Sounds like you don't have voltage to the first one........... You can check em' like Antfarmer suggested but you can leave them in. Just unscrew the jumper wires that join the plugs together and with a Fluke 87 check the Ohms from the end of the plug to the body of the plug, you should read approx. 1.5 Ohms..... If 0 the plug has a short, if Infinite the plug is open and the open on the 1st plug could cause you to not have voltage on all three.............Start from the 12VDC source
right, i had O at number one with all jumpers taken off, I think i found the problem, after un-pluging the wire harness under the cab and then re installing it, now they work as should, so i guess i'll clean em up and it should be ready to go.....thanks...