Glow plug not turning on - Bobcat S70

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bobcatter 123

Hi all, I've got a 2022 Bobcat S70. When I turn the key to the left to engage the glow plugs, I get nothing. I do hear a faint click. The battery is fine. The Bobcat starts and runs just fine.

I have resistance on the glow plug relay (across the Normally Closed pins - 85 and 86). I also checked the 40A glow plug fuse and it is OK.

Is there something else I should check? Could there still be an issue with the relay? Are there any other parts that are in the circuit that I need to check?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Tazza

Staff member
Being a 2022 model, does it not have an automatic glow function? turn the key one click to the right, is there a count down?

I don't know the newer models, but i know my older G series machines all have automatic glow if the temperature is low enough to need a glow cycle

OP
OP
B

Bobcatter 123

Thanks - I'll check voltage. Also, the glow plug function is not automatic on my model. The key has an option to rotate to the left to engage the glow plugs and there is a table posted in the cab that explains how long to have the glow plugs on for different outside temperatures.

OP
OP
B

Bobcatter 123

Chatted with a previous S70 owner. He said that there is no light or sound when you turn the switch to engage the glow plugs. Does anyone know if this it true? Seems odd. He just said turn the key and hold it for XX seconds based on outside temp, then turn the key to the right to start.

Maybe they are working...I just thought there would be some sort of light or indicator when they are engaged to show they are working.

Tazza

Staff member
On my 743, it never had a light, on my 751 it had a light, only because it had a glow timer.

Just check for voltage at the glow rail when you turn the key, if it's getting power and the plugs are good, it's all working.

On a good condition engine, you really don't need much glowing to get it running

polishpete

NO LIGHT NO NOTHING turn to left that it idf no start in the cold than u know not working
]

foton

I was just thinking that if you wanted a light ,it would be a easy thing to do, just come off one of the glow plugs and carry a wire up front to a light. and a ground will complete the circuit. it will show power to the glow plugs when used.