Model 453 Hydraulic Light Flashing

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

gtobey

I recently purchased a used 1999 model 453 with 1250 hours on the clock. I serviced it, and cleaned it up as it was used in the Pentagon after 9/11 cleaning up the inside of the damaged building. I noticed after about 12 hours of use, that the light on the control panel that has to do with the hydraulics flashes, more so at idle but also a little at full throttle. I have changed the hydraulic oil and filter to no avail. What is going on and what are the consequences if I continue to operate the machine, as it runs OK and is not losing power or capability?

Tigerotor77W

I'm not sure... try posting this in the General Repairs forum OR PM stuz. He's usually pretty good at isolating the problem.

StuZ

I'm not sure... try posting this in the General Repairs forum OR PM stuz. He's usually pretty good at isolating the problem.
Thanks S250 !! I'll be in Champaign tomorrow :) Your flashing light is on because of low charge pump pressure/or a bad sender. Are the hyds growling or making more noise than it was ?? It could be because of low oil level also. Bobcat's have a bad habit of holding oil in the belly pan under the hyd pump/lines, and you don't know you have a leak until it is at least a gallon low. Tipping the Bobcat back with the bucket will generally dump most of the oil out, and tell you there is a leak. Check it out, and let me know what you found.

Tigerotor77W

Thanks S250 !! I'll be in Champaign tomorrow :) Your flashing light is on because of low charge pump pressure/or a bad sender. Are the hyds growling or making more noise than it was ?? It could be because of low oil level also. Bobcat's have a bad habit of holding oil in the belly pan under the hyd pump/lines, and you don't know you have a leak until it is at least a gallon low. Tipping the Bobcat back with the bucket will generally dump most of the oil out, and tell you there is a leak. Check it out, and let me know what you found.
Let me know if you want to stop by the dorm, lol... ISR (918 W. Illinois Street). My room phone extension (you can call from the lobby) is 24279.