Ls185 Parking Brake

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Chino22

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and new to skid steers but have a mechanical background working on boats and other things for a living. I am in the process of reviving a ls185 new holland. Not sure. Of the year. It has been sitting for a few years. Long story short I got it running with a new battery and a shot of ether. Thr machine runs fine and the bucket and all seems to work fine. The only thing is that I can't get it to move forward or back. I move the levers but nothing. I noticed the park brake light is on and am assuming it has to be off before it moves. Can anyone give me any tips or something I can check? Thanks in advance!

Shanmar

I'm assuming this is an LS185.b . There was no plain LS185 and an LS180 would be a little different setup. Given that:

- We know your hydro pumps are turning since the gear pump for the boom & bucket is mounted on the end of the hydro pumps and they work.
- You didn't say there were any warning lights, so presumably (for now) the hydrostatic charge pressure is ok.
- On to electrical. Given your lack of familiarity, here is what a normal startup process is:
- Sit in seat -- all lights on the EIC dash light up for a second or two and beeps. The seat belt light and park light remain lit.
- Fasten seat belt -- seat belt light goes out.
- Start machine -- no change to lights
- Push button in top right corner of EIC dash (circle with vertical line inside it) -- park light goes out
- Operate machine
- What happens when you go thru that process?

OP
OP
C

Chino22

Thanks for the information. So I went through the process and the seatbelt light doesn't turn off nor does the park brake light. Can i jump the seat belt switch? Or do you know if it has a fuse somewhere?

Shanmar

At this point, my bet would be the seat belt switch is bad.
The electrical pigtail is about a foot long to the connector behind your right butt cheek when in the seat. You could do a continuity test on the seat belt switch to verify it's working or not. There should also be 12v power coming in at all times that you could check.
The fuse in play is under the cover in the engine compartment. 3rd one down on right hand row, 5 amp.
You could bypass the switch by connecting the two sides at the connector. But, the EIC requires a break in the power before you could start it a second time. This prevents hooking the seat belt up and just leaving it there. It requires a "reset". I'm sure you can think of a way around this, but I'm not going to advocate for it. There's been plenty of times I've been glad the seat belt kept me in the seat while running the loader.

Latest posts