L175 brake valve

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mick

Hi,

This is my first post and I'm in a bit of bother with our 2 speed, Pilot Control L175. I'd be grateful if anyone could help me out .

The charge pressure fault light is on and the skid steer is shutting itself down after 30 seconds. The first thing I want to check/replace is the charge pressure switch which on this model (unlike the LS160 we also have) is on the parking brake valve which located on the underside of the same piece of steel plate that the right-hand-side pilot control joystick tower is bolted to.

What's the best way to access this valve block to disconnect and unscrew the pressure switch? I've unbolted the steel plate but can't get it to move much, probably because of all the pipework that's either attached to it or running near it.

Anyone know what's the easiest way to get at this valve? Thanks in advance and thanks for reading this.

gerry

Did you get your machine fixed? If so what did you do. I am having the same problem on my L175

OP
OP
M

mick

Did you get your machine fixed? If so what did you do. I am having the same problem on my L175
Hi Gerry, I made a bit of progress. I'll go into detail tomorrow some time. It's 2AM here and I'm off to bed.

OP
OP
M

mick

Hi Gerry, Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Everything below refers to a Pilot-Control machine. On the ski-pole models the pressure switch is on the filter housing and it's well documented all over the internet and in the shop manual.

That valve is not bolted to the panel like I thought it was. It's actually fixed to the machine frame and is behind where your right ankle would be when you're sitting in the seat. To get at it:

1. Raise the seat
2. Unbolt and remove the "between your feet" panel.
3. Unbolt and remove the right "fender" (I think that's what it's called) panel - the one over the wheels and under the raise ram.
4. Unscrew the red knob from the manual drop valve. Undo the bolts and nuts that secure the manual drop valve, accessing them from where the fender bracket used to be and from under the seat. There is no need to undo any hydraulic hoses.
5. I removed the plastic cover on the right joystick tower. I can't remember if this was strictly necessary - It probably was in order to access other bolts.
6. Unbolt the panel that the right joystick tower is fixed to and wiggle the whole lot out of the way to access the brake valve down low, probably buried in crap.

That pressure switch is normally closed so I was able to bypass it by just disconnecting the wires. This is risky though and I absolutely don't recommend it.

I have the new pressure switch and I'll be fitting it any day now. I hope.

Rich1976

Hey Mick

I'm dealing with this exact same issue and spent all day working on my skid steer today trying to get to the pressure switch

I've actually been struggling to find my pressure switch cause there doesn't seem to be much on L175's and online. Everyone keep telling me it's beside the filter but it obviously isn't. Your description above lead me to the location of the switch so I first want to thank you for that

My problem is even after unbolting the panel that the right joystick is attached to I can barely move it, it moves a little to the side and a little up but no where near enough to get to the switch. Do you have any tips for me, am i missing something?

Btw I have removed the two bolts from the manual drop valve

Any help would be aporeciatte

BTW : What a crap place to put a switch

cheers