LS-160 starts in service mode - won't crank in run mode

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dirtballer

Just put a new head gasket on machine - did not disconnect any wiring (except two sensors on block). At one point, my wrench hit the live-wired solenoid when installing the injector at the front of the engine, but I don't understand how that could cause a problem. Had no problems starting/running prior to taking head off.
In run mode, solenoid behind seat just clicks. Starts and runs properly in service mode. Had blown 5A EIC fuse - replaced.
Can anyone provide a quick answer on how to jump/eliminate the seat/seat belt switches if I undo the connector in the engine compartment, as I think this is the problem?
Thank you for any assistance anyone might offer.

foton

Also - the EIC/Panel does not light up when I sit in the seat ... only when I turn the key.
I would look at the fuse that controls power to the seat switch or if it is easy to get at use a VOM and see if the seat switch has power to it as it should have power when a battery is in machine.

OP
OP
D

Dirtballer

I would look at the fuse that controls power to the seat switch or if it is easy to get at use a VOM and see if the seat switch has power to it as it should have power when a battery is in machine.
Thank you for responding. The seat switch fuses both have power on both sides.
What I believe happened is that my wrench touched the hot end of the solenoid while attached to the far-forward injector. The EIC is grounded to the engine ... so I shorted the EIC at the ground. The EIC still functions properly when the key is turned ... and functions properly when the engine is running in Service Mode (RPM, hours, temp ... etc.). So, the board isn't entirely bad, it's just the Run function that's impaired.
So, now I have to figure out how to repair the EIC or manually bypass the interlock with a switch ... or perhaps there's something else, like a blown relay, that I'm missing? I don't have $5-9 hundred d0llars to replace the EIC board for a safety feature on a machine that otherwise runs fine (how did our ancestors do it all those years?).
Does anyone reading this know how this might be done?

flyerdan

Thank you for responding. The seat switch fuses both have power on both sides.
What I believe happened is that my wrench touched the hot end of the solenoid while attached to the far-forward injector. The EIC is grounded to the engine ... so I shorted the EIC at the ground. The EIC still functions properly when the key is turned ... and functions properly when the engine is running in Service Mode (RPM, hours, temp ... etc.). So, the board isn't entirely bad, it's just the Run function that's impaired.
So, now I have to figure out how to repair the EIC or manually bypass the interlock with a switch ... or perhaps there's something else, like a blown relay, that I'm missing? I don't have $5-9 hundred d0llars to replace the EIC board for a safety feature on a machine that otherwise runs fine (how did our ancestors do it all those years?).
Does anyone reading this know how this might be done?
I saw a thread on TBN the other day about this, you might check out fixing a dead computer board and see if it's helpful to your issue.