kubota L355 extended cranking

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tdburnette

I have a L355 that has extended cranking on cold starts. Once it is started then it starts easily, but when the engine cools it is hard to start. During cranking it is smoking. The glow plug resistance, according to the manual is to be 1.5 ohms, they are about 1.2, 1.3 and they are getting power when turned on. Any ideas? thank you, Terry

Tazza

Staff member
Even if they have power and resistance, it may be time to swap them out. If you remove them and hook them up to a battery, they should glow from the tip back. If they don't glow from the tip they need to be replaced.

OP
OP
T

tdburnette

Even if they have power and resistance, it may be time to swap them out. If you remove them and hook them up to a battery, they should glow from the tip back. If they don't glow from the tip they need to be replaced.
I have 4 new glow plugs ordered, will be here in a day or so. Meanwhile I will hook a battery to these and see just for curiousity sake. thank you,

thetool

I have 4 new glow plugs ordered, will be here in a day or so. Meanwhile I will hook a battery to these and see just for curiousity sake. thank you,
Sounds like low compression to me. If you have a tester, check that while the plugs are out.
Good Luck

Latest posts