Just read an interesting post in the "attachments" forum

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pal meadows

I've got a 1996 BC 753. Question is: what kind of HP am I getting at the AUX hydro ports???? I read a post about the snow blowers and am interested in one for this comming season, but it seems fairly complex with the HP and size compared to the throw and ground speed. Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Brian

skidsteer.ca

You manual should say otherwise it you may have to take your serial number to a dealer.
You need both the flow and pressure spec to calculate hp. The more of either the higher the hp will be.
Snow blowing is like brush mowing, more is always better until you break something.
But on the other hand snowblowers were made for 743 with a smaller pump then yours. Regardless sometimes it will do more then you thought possible and other times it will feel a bit underpowered. Thats the nature of hydraulic drives, they really let you see how big the load on the attachment truly is.
The good news with a skidsteer is it is easy to slow the wheels down.
The other part of the equasion is the blower motor needs to be sized to the hydraulic pump volume to get the best rpm of the blower. If you get a second hand blower make sure it come off a machine with simular flow as yours. Say + or - 2 gpm,
Ken

biggie

HP= GPM X PSI /1714, or GPM x PSI x .000583. This will help figure how much HP is used on a machine to run the attactment

Latest posts