743 put in new ujoints sounds like something in bind. Can the key to the spline an adaptor be worn out

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Markle

If you are certain the fluid came out after the new seal was installed, I would suggest further investigation before engine goes in. Is the new seal inner diameter correct? Did you compare to the one that you took out? Did it tap in snug and evenly, and deep enough? Did the inner lip get nicked going in? Closer review needed if it were mine. It may be worth trying another seal, but measure shaft diameter where seal lip rides, and measure seal inner diameter before you install a new one. Shaft dia should be slightly larger than seal inner diameter. Make sure shaft is clean where seal is touching. Green scotchbrite pad would clean it up if needed. Sounds like you're getting close …

OP
OP
H

helpnotamechinic

If you are certain the fluid came out after the new seal was installed, I would suggest further investigation before engine goes in. Is the new seal inner diameter correct? Did you compare to the one that you took out? Did it tap in snug and evenly, and deep enough? Did the inner lip get nicked going in? Closer review needed if it were mine. It may be worth trying another seal, but measure shaft diameter where seal lip rides, and measure seal inner diameter before you install a new one. Shaft dia should be slightly larger than seal inner diameter. Make sure shaft is clean where seal is touching. Green scotchbrite pad would clean it up if needed. Sounds like you're getting close …
Thank you