How to move a borken down bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lordwacky

Hi Guys, Great forumn, first post. My Dad has owned a late 70's bobcat 730 for as long as I can remember. The Wisconsin in it finaly gave out about 3 weeks ago. I think it threw a rod, it wont turn over. Its out in the front yard and we want to move it to the shop so we do a engine swap, but we have no idea how. I'm assuming if I disconnect the hoses from the pump then we'll be able to tow it. I'm sure this has come up before, there has to be a way. thanks for the help!

skidsteer.ca

Either just drag it with something bigger or loop the in and out hose on the wheel motors together
Skidsteer.ca

Fishfiles

Either just drag it with something bigger or loop the in and out hose on the wheel motors together
Skidsteer.ca
what other equipment do you have to work with , an excavator , at least 16,000 lb class that has a dozer blade works well to move it , you walk up behind it and put the blade under the rear of the machine and lift up , you put the boom over the cab into the bucket and catch the lip on top the bucket and you don't have to get it all the way off the ground , just the weight off it and you can walk it where ever you what , another way is with a fork lift , come in from the rear and put the mast against the back door with it tilted all the way forward , put a chain around the mast and hook to the machine , tilt back and it will get it off the ground if lift is heavy enough or the weight off it enough to move it if not ----------------there are alot of other ways we have moved them around , what do you have to work with

Jyuma

I just slapped a heavy chain on mine and dragged it with my 4wd Pathfinder. It only moved a few feet per minute, and sometimes I was just dragging the wheels, but I did manage to get it to the shop about 300 feet away.