how is bobcat brand paint?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

[email protected]

I'm having my 643 repainted soon...how is the bobcat paint? i'm a real stickler for proper colors, and if it's off it will bother me...alot. I've read the paint sucks, and i've read that it's durable. I'll be clear coating the whole thing to make it last longer. also, anyone ever order decals from this site? http://home.fuse.net/edge/racersedge/stickers_bobcat.htm thanks alot

OP
OP
T

[email protected]

Not sure about the paint, but a lot of sticker kits on ebay go for $60
thanks, i'll check em out. what is pressure wash safe? my engine compartment is all oily, and so i under the cab. can i just spray degreaser and have at it? i don't want to flood the chain compartment or anything.

Bobcatdan

thanks, i'll check em out. what is pressure wash safe? my engine compartment is all oily, and so i under the cab. can i just spray degreaser and have at it? i don't want to flood the chain compartment or anything.
I only use the rattle can paint and I think it is fine, is it anything special, no.

lesgawlik

I only use the rattle can paint and I think it is fine, is it anything special, no.
You should be careful about the decals. I bought a set off of eBay, and while the shape of the decals was correct, the size was much different than the original. I had arms rebuilt and painted. I could tell where the outline of the original "cats" were. I put the decals on where the original ones were, but I could tell they were much smaller. The "Bobcat" lettering was correct.

adsmith72

You should be careful about the decals. I bought a set off of eBay, and while the shape of the decals was correct, the size was much different than the original. I had arms rebuilt and painted. I could tell where the outline of the original "cats" were. I put the decals on where the original ones were, but I could tell they were much smaller. The "Bobcat" lettering was correct.
The paint seems good. I think It is ready to spray right out of the can. Dries really fast. You will probably want to get their charcoal paint. Really hard to match. I use rustoleum with acetone. Chaper and easier to get. I alsoget a few spray cans to touch up with

mechtech

The paint seems good. I think It is ready to spray right out of the can. Dries really fast. You will probably want to get their charcoal paint. Really hard to match. I use rustoleum with acetone. Chaper and easier to get. I alsoget a few spray cans to touch up with
I went with Rustoleum. It comes in a variety of colors, some very close to what you want. A whole lot cheaper. I have read both good and bad about Bobcat Paint.
I went with what I can get local.