Bobcat 631 - How to free roll onto trailer?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jonbobshinigin

I am purchasing a 631 and looking to winch it onto a trailer. Is there something that makes it free roll so it is not fighting the hydraulics? Thank you!

laurencen

why can it not drive on trailer? last time we loaded a dead 843 had someone in the cab, moved levers fully in the direction to travel, connected the winch and cranked it over taking the load with the winch, slow but got it done, the only other method I know requires removing the drive motors so the drive can turn freely

laurencen

you can turn it over with levers pushed in direction you want to move, it will move just slowly, the winch will help the loading

rock_rat

I have a non-running 963C I needed to unload from a trailer.

I had to remove a valve from both drive motors and hook a porta-power up to the brake hydraulic assembly and pressurize it. Then it would free roll, and I was able to pull it with another vehicle.

Not sure if you have the same setup in your 631, but thats what worked for me.

Judah

I am purchasing a 631 and looking to winch it onto a trailer. Is there something that makes it free roll so it is not fighting the hydraulics? Thank you!
You could potentially get into the chain case and remove all four drive chains. As long as there have been master links added at some point (which is pretty likely) wouldn't be very hard to do.

For what it's worth if it were me I'd spend some time trying to get it to run. Depending on what's keeping it from starting, it could be less work than getting it to roll.

ZekeSkyree

This is what i have for the 642, but if i needed to tow it, i would probably just remove the hoses from the motors. I would pull them from the pump and not the motors themselves, as they are much easier to get to on the pump.

Best of luck

Attachments

• tow.pdf
    223.9 KB · Views: 87

Latest posts