John Deere 675B overheated and won’t start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Briank87

I have a 1992 Deere 675B. Not much information out there on this machine. Not much of a motor head but knowledgeable on the basics. I was running it for about two hours. It Overheated and shut off. I left it for the night now it won't start. It sounds like it wants to but won't fire up. Any help would be great! Thank you!

Trent0

My first guess is you scored the cylinders and lost compression
You should be able to get a compression tester cheap enough through Amazon to check it out
Does it have coolant in it still?

OP
OP
B

Briank87

Still has coolant. I'll try that. Thank you! Any thought on why when I try and start it it wants to run just seems not to start?

Trent0

Possible just not enough compression

When you crack the injector lines at the injectors do you have fuel

TonyCT322

I'm not familiar with your machine. More information would be helpful. Gas or diesel? Does it have fuel? Is the battery fully charged? Did you check your fuses? What caused it to overheat? Any recent work done on it? Bells, alarms, flashing lights or error codes? Did you check the oil level? What were you doing with it for those two hours? When you said it shut down did it sputter and die or was it like turning off the key? Possible bad fuel shutoff selonoid?

Start with the basics. You need fuel, air and spark for it to run. Good luck.

Latest posts