Is Bobcat going to make us lease options?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

brdgbldr

Just completed an on-line survey from Bobcat asking what I think of buying a machine that is loaded with options but to turn each option on I would have to lease it. For example, high flow, high speed, auxiliaries, ac, radio etc.

I know that I have heard, but not verified, that Bobcat has already started offering machines at the dealer like this. I for one would not want to rent options on a machine that I own. I'm also sure that a machine like this would cost more up front weather or not I was going to rent options.

One of the questions in the survey was if I would go to a different brand if this was the only type of machine offered from Bobcat. My answer was a resounding YES.

I'm also not sure if these options could be turned on or not on a second hand machine.

Other than not having to order a machine with the options I want and wait for it, since I could buy a fully loaded machine at the dealer and have them turn on specific options, I can not find any benefits. If I bought a new machine I would know what I was going to use it for and want to buy, not lease, the options I needed.

So my question to all of you is what benefit would there be to the owner of a machine that you had to lease the options?

mrfixer

This subscription based model, which comes from the software industry (and cloud)... they are looking for ways to make even more money, unfortunately.