How do I add an electric "Kill" switch?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RonRock

I'm finishing a major overhaul on my 1835. As long as I have had it torn down I figure I can do some of the long delayed improvements that have been waiting. So my 1835 has the Case 188 Diesel with Roosa Master DB injection pump. It is originally equipped with a kill cable, and a key switch. I would like to change the switch over to one with a "start" position and add whatever it takes to make it work with my engine. The wiring is easy enough, it is the engine kill function I don't know about. I assume that it will take some kind of solenoid that will pull the kill lever on the injection pump. But I don't know exactly what or how to do it. I'm sure it has been done before.

Gearclash

1835 or 1835B? How about the fuel shut off solenoid on "Boxcar" Magnums or MX Maxxums? Abilene Machine has them for under $100. They require two circuits to run though, pull in and hold in.

SkidRoe

1835 or 1835B? How about the fuel shut off solenoid on "Boxcar" Magnums or MX Maxxums? Abilene Machine has them for under $100. They require two circuits to run though, pull in and hold in.
The "pull" function should only be energized for short periods, and can be wired to the solenoid energize circuit for the starter.
HTH - SR

Latest posts