Case 430 Options/electrical questions.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Squish

So I'm revamping a skid steer, she's in relatively good shape, only 1000 hours....

The question is, on the left side of the cab, on the pillar opposite to the ignition side, there are quite a few empty switch caps. Removing the pillar cover revealed a ton of hanging connectors. I do have the service manual, but it's extensive, anyone know offhand what all those connectors would potentially run? It's pretty much impossible to just trace the wires without pulling the interior (and I did try).

As well, any ideas on the heat/air and blower not working? I have confirmed that the valve is open on the line in the battery compartment, and all the fuses are intact, the only thing I can think of is there are quite a few relay plugs missing (G8V-RH-1C7T-R-DC12 35A DC12V), so I've got a few on order. Possibly they are for options I don't have.

Just getting to know the new buggy. I had a bobcat but sold it to 'upgrade' to this one, and so far I really prefer it. The interior had a lot of mouse damage, and hornets had really taken over the place, but it cleaned up really nice, and a few days with an ozonator in the cab took care of the smell (well that and a shop vac mouse sucker). Quite happy with it overall. Just hoping someone is familiar with them and might have some ideas.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Squish

Squish

Answering my own question here. YES the issues were related to the missing relays.
I have now torn down quite a bit of this machine. The engine was soaked down one side, but turns out after quite a bit of investigation it was merely the oil filter having worked itself loose and spilling out the back.

Relays were $25 for 10 of them from aliexpress because digikey showed them as obsolete without a new # update. Oddly enough, straigh from china, they have "MADE IN USA" printed on them. Can't trust anything these days.

I have replaced EVERY strut in the machine, tires, fluids, and stripped it down to bare metal and repainted a lot of it. Currently trying to get the headliner out of it since there was a ton of mouse house in it. New decals arrived from Ace Decals yesterday, so going to go 100% revamp on this. For those interested I'm going to be doing a series on this and a Kobelco SK100 that I picked up at the same time. Kind of excited about this machine, I had no idea it was in such good shape, and once I got the console to come back to life (corrosion on the connector) I found it only has 1100 hours on it, which does match with the lack of wear and tear, it was just neglected in a marsh. So ended up with an almost perfect skid steer, for the price of a good riding lawn mower. Even with paint and extras I'm WELL under $20K on this.

Latest posts