Case XT Skid Steer Hydraulic Oil options now that HTO Additive is discontinued.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

StevieB327

I have a Case XT 60 and have been informed that the HTO additive is no longer availiable. I am sure others have crossed this path and would like to get some thoughs on this. I am looking at 2 different options.
Case No. 1 Engine Oil SemiSynthetic SAE 10W-40 CK-4
Zinc 1 - 2.9% %w/w
Shell Rotella T4 10W30 Triple Protection API CK-4, CJ-4, CI-4 PLUS, CI-4, CH-4 ·
Zinc 1,203 ppm
The Shell option is what I am leaning towards as I use that in other equipment already. I believe the HTO additve is something like zinc dialkyl dithiophosphate (ZDDP) for the most part and T4 does have that in already.

I did have to add 2 gal of 30w without the HTO additive for now to top it off. With 11 gallons in there WITH the HTO addivive, I figured I'd be ok until I figure out the best course of action is. Wasn't sure if I could mix oils to add, so I stayed with what was in there. I plan to do a complete oil and filter change once I settle on what to do.

My dealer said any mat spec 3572 or higher would work, but I could't find a cross reference of oils for that anywhere... Only the Case No.1 listed that spec. I would like to know what others are using.

mrbb

Gearclash

I would recommend a premium hydraulic oil. Most of them are of the correct viscosity and have the anti wear additives needed for a hydraulic system. HTO was pretty much just a ZDDP additive. I would advise against using a 10-40 engine oil unless you live in a warm climate. We found that the 10-40 would cause pump cavitation in very cold weather which may have led to the one equipment pump failure we had. I am using Mobil 424 in my skid steers now.

Latest posts