HELP 773G NOT UNLOCKING THE HARM BAR.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

amigosdemo

HELP I HAVE A 773G THAT DOES NOT UNLOCK THE HARM BAR LIGHT DOES NOT COME ON. I TURN IT ON THE HYDRAULIC CHARGE PRESSURE LIGHT COMES ON AND THEN TURNS OFF.THE ENGINE OIL PRESSURE LIGHT ALSO COMES ON ..

biggie

Turn the Key on. "Push and Hold", the Lights button. The left screen will say "NONE". Start the machine. Be ready to remember the error code numbers. This is where to start. If you want to call your local dealer. They need to know the serial# of your machine and the code you,re getting. If you don't want to call a dealer,Post the code.

OP
OP
A

amigosdemo

Turn the Key on. "Push and Hold", the Lights button. The left screen will say "NONE". Start the machine. Be ready to remember the error code numbers. This is where to start. If you want to call your local dealer. They need to know the serial# of your machine and the code you,re getting. If you don't want to call a dealer,Post the code.
i did that allready the codes i get are 04-14,04-15.

7LBSSMALLIE

i did that allready the codes i get are 04-14,04-15.
you sound stressed its ok dude,are you refernceing the seat bar ?nonemclature is important, spelling not so much.we just need to know the facts , if no lift and tilt or no drive or both, i would have to referance man to know what codes are (may be in operators man behind seat< more and more s/n /model specific, we are here to help.i have ever heard of a harm bar other than driving across lot and hittitting brake instead of pwr bob now that sucks. that will harm you .

7LBSSMALLIE

you sound stressed its ok dude,are you refernceing the seat bar ?nonemclature is important, spelling not so much.we just need to know the facts , if no lift and tilt or no drive or both, i would have to referance man to know what codes are (may be in operators man behind seat< more and more s/n /model specific, we are here to help.i have ever heard of a harm bar other than driving across lot and hittitting brake instead of pwr bob now that sucks. that will harm you .
is seat bar light coming on? or is seat bar light staying on. couple quickies. door sensor disconnected seat bar up traction lock overide pressed do you have drive (but no lift and tilt)

OP
OP
A

amigosdemo

yes seat bar.

OP
OP
A

amigosdemo

no the seat bar is not coming on. no door (so no door sensor.) seat bar down pressed overide but it shuts down. after i turn it on with the seat bar up or down the engine oil light will turn on and it shuts off.

Bobcatdan

no the seat bar is not coming on. no door (so no door sensor.) seat bar down pressed overide but it shuts down. after i turn it on with the seat bar up or down the engine oil light will turn on and it shuts off.
Check your battery conections, clean them even if they look good. Do you have a 7 pin harness? If so unplug it, if it is damage, these can do funny thing. The 7 pin is a straight shot to the controller. It is doing thing it shouldn't do in relation to the problem. You very well might have a controller taking a digger. Also check the charging system. The controller operates between 9 and 15 volts. Above or below, the controller goes into shut down and weird things happen. Rereading your last post, the oil light is coming on? The unit goes into shutdown if it has no oil pressure. It very well may not unlock if it is going into shut down. Check oil pressure.

OP
OP
A

amigosdemo

Check your battery conections, clean them even if they look good. Do you have a 7 pin harness? If so unplug it, if it is damage, these can do funny thing. The 7 pin is a straight shot to the controller. It is doing thing it shouldn't do in relation to the problem. You very well might have a controller taking a digger. Also check the charging system. The controller operates between 9 and 15 volts. Above or below, the controller goes into shut down and weird things happen. Rereading your last post, the oil light is coming on? The unit goes into shutdown if it has no oil pressure. It very well may not unlock if it is going into shut down. Check oil pressure.
what do yo mean by the controller? i dont know if i have a 7 pin harness?i will check it out tomorrow. how would i know if its a 7 pin harness?where do i check this controller for the voltage? about the oil pressure i dont know . i checked all fluids and they are all ok. when the seat bar is down the light doesnt even light up.

Bobcatdan

what do yo mean by the controller? i dont know if i have a 7 pin harness?i will check it out tomorrow. how would i know if its a 7 pin harness?where do i check this controller for the voltage? about the oil pressure i dont know . i checked all fluids and they are all ok. when the seat bar is down the light doesnt even light up.
Controller is just another name for the computer. On a G series, everything other then the dome light is controlled by it. Depending on your machine, it is under the cab on the left side or on the left side by your feet behind the side panel. if you look over the LF wheel you can see the bolts. The 7 pin, if you have the harness on, id the electric connection above the aux couplers. Your machine might have a 14 pin also or both. Anyway, those will run back to the battery, there will be a bigger round plug that is plugs into. If you don't have the harness installed, there shoud be a cover on the plug. I will try unplugging the oil sender on a machine at work tomorrow and see what it does if it when it reads no oil pressure. Check the magnet switch on the seat bar, if it dirty it sometime don't work right, try blowing it off. That still would have nothing to with the oil light. The machine should move in traction override, seatbar dosn't have to be down for override. I move machine sall the time standing on the bobtach/

OP
OP
A

amigosdemo

Controller is just another name for the computer. On a G series, everything other then the dome light is controlled by it. Depending on your machine, it is under the cab on the left side or on the left side by your feet behind the side panel. if you look over the LF wheel you can see the bolts. The 7 pin, if you have the harness on, id the electric connection above the aux couplers. Your machine might have a 14 pin also or both. Anyway, those will run back to the battery, there will be a bigger round plug that is plugs into. If you don't have the harness installed, there shoud be a cover on the plug. I will try unplugging the oil sender on a machine at work tomorrow and see what it does if it when it reads no oil pressure. Check the magnet switch on the seat bar, if it dirty it sometime don't work right, try blowing it off. That still would have nothing to with the oil light. The machine should move in traction override, seatbar dosn't have to be down for override. I move machine sall the time standing on the bobtach/
i replaced the seat bar sensor allready. it didnt work for a week. then i went to turn it on one day and it worked for 4 hrs and then it stoped turning on again. and it started to shut off again. it will work with the override but it will only move 10 feet before it shuts down again. my machine as a round harness that runs back to above the battery .

Bobcatdan

i replaced the seat bar sensor allready. it didnt work for a week. then i went to turn it on one day and it worked for 4 hrs and then it stoped turning on again. and it started to shut off again. it will work with the override but it will only move 10 feet before it shuts down again. my machine as a round harness that runs back to above the battery .
Without being able to look at in person, I'm thinking either has a rub in the harness or a controller dying. If I was working on it, I would swap controllers and see what happens. This is why I love G series and new, werid electric problem, swap controllers and a lot of the time it solves the problem. That said, it does suck for the owner, with everthing being ran by the controller, on hiccup and it's a new brain box.

OP
OP
A

amigosdemo

Without being able to look at in person, I'm thinking either has a rub in the harness or a controller dying. If I was working on it, I would swap controllers and see what happens. This is why I love G series and new, werid electric problem, swap controllers and a lot of the time it solves the problem. That said, it does suck for the owner, with everthing being ran by the controller, on hiccup and it's a new brain box.
thanks for all the info. without axcess to a controller . what would be the easiest thing to do get a controller or harness? or should i say the cheapest? if i go with the controller first do you know what other models might fit my machine??

OP
OP
A

amigosdemo

do you know where is the common rub on the harness on a 773g?

biggie

HOLY CRAP. Sterriods?
4-14,and 4-15 R, engine oil pressure codes. Extremley low, and in shut down. Sorry, but please, slow down. These codes will shutdown the machine,before you can lowwer the arm bar.

Bobcatdan

4-14,and 4-15 R, engine oil pressure codes. Extremley low, and in shut down. Sorry, but please, slow down. These codes will shutdown the machine,before you can lowwer the arm bar.
A common rub point is where the main frame harness runs along the left side of the frame behind the hyd tank. It is a kinda a pain in the but to get it out. That said, you need to look the whole harness over.

7LBSSMALLIE

A common rub point is where the main frame harness runs along the left side of the frame behind the hyd tank. It is a kinda a pain in the but to get it out. That said, you need to look the whole harness over.
unfourtenantly the tech(acutal term) term for dianogastic is the wiggle test, if working push pull harness see if you can break it not the harness but to get it to act up. if broke just the opposite. take a look at controller if has snap together lid probally youre issue, tech term non potted. if it has black platic stuff poured around connectors this is potted , sometimes a good smack from outside frame, will give good indaction if its controller or not.as now it works or now its broke, you can purchase controller but dealer has to program,

OP
OP
A

amigosdemo

problem solved.. it was the computer that was acting up. we changed it and its up and running fine.. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!