2001 773G Thinking of buying.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP

442JOHN

might be hard to alter hour meter itself, but that doesn't stop folks from replacing them all together, with ones off ebay or salvage yards or?

like I said, lots of scammers in the world today
1000 hours or so machines 20+ yrs old, always make me wonder(40-50 hrs a yr only??)
sure some are out there, but it makes me want to look harder at things when there selling them, to add the math to the hours,
paint decals, and replacing parts, can make machines look better than they are, and sellers again, can sure seem honest, but be full of crap at same time, the mighty dollar has warped many from having pride in there word or reputations!

but like all things in life, you have to take the plunge some times to get what you want

the good thing is, lots of replacement parts and not much that cannot be fixed if needed, might cost a few bucks to do so, but if planning to keep a long time, it can be worth the costs
I know I got my skid steer from an old man (88 yrs old with cancer, selling cause he couldn;t use no more) that claimed lots of things, seemed very honest(even friends of a close friend of mine backed him up as being honest
after getting machine and having time with it, and local dealer9who he claimed he used)
I found out 90% of what he told me were lies! YUP old guy told me a bunch of BS to make a sale
I didn;'t care so much due I looked it over and knew it was a solid machine, even if UI had to sink in some $$ to fix what he claimed was good
which I did(4k later)
its now about where he said it was at time of sale! HAHA!
but I plan to keep a long time, so I'll call it an investment, and to be honest, just due to market price climbs, if I wanted to sell it now, I can get all what I sunk in it back pl;us more
so it worked out in the long run I guess!

so, best of luck to you again, and post back if you get it and then again a while after having, always nice when folks add more info after a topic is started, to let us know how it turned out!
I bought it!

brdgbldr

Did he include the piece of wall to bang your head against when it eventually breaks down?

I've personally gone through a lot more walls than machines.

reaperman

There are some machines with low hours out there. My machine had 613 hrs at 10 yrs old. Twelve yrs later it has a total of 1400 and running strong, as it should. There are many machines with that same engine with 6-10k hrs for sale trying to fetch big $$. I know it's a big purchase and being cautious is normal. Change the chain oil, it most likely has some moisture mixed in. I wouldn't worry about changing out the hydro oil unless you know something is definitely wrong. This advice is from a Bobcat mechanic who said there is no need to replace the oil unless it's contaminated. Plus, he said eventually I would blow a hose and that would be a good time. Otherwise, enjoy your machine, it's a proven unit with a good track record.

lmcl123

In regards of blowing a hose and other maintenance issues: I bought a used 753C with 1100 hours on it a couple decades ago. It was a great machine ( i wish i would not of sold it). I didn't know how many friends I had until I purchased it. I lent it out to a few friends that were competent on skid steers and responsible. It turns out that I had impeccable timing when i lent it out. The first time was to a neighbor who worked for NC Machinery. I ran it for about two hours one day at my house. I lent it to him a half hour after i finished, and a 1/2 hour later the exhaust manifold to muffler pipe burned through:) It would of happened to me, but he felt so bad, he bought the part and installed. Two other times I lent it out and each time it blew a hose. Even though I told them not to worry about it as it would have happened to me, they too replaced the hoses! I guess that that old saying "timing is everything" is indeed everything:)

JoeCamel

There are some machines with low hours out there. My machine had 613 hrs at 10 yrs old. Twelve yrs later it has a total of 1400 and running strong, as it should. There are many machines with that same engine with 6-10k hrs for sale trying to fetch big $$. I know it's a big purchase and being cautious is normal. Change the chain oil, it most likely has some moisture mixed in. I wouldn't worry about changing out the hydro oil unless you know something is definitely wrong. This advice is from a Bobcat mechanic who said there is no need to replace the oil unless it's contaminated. Plus, he said eventually I would blow a hose and that would be a good time. Otherwise, enjoy your machine, it's a proven unit with a good track record.
I've got a 2003 60XT with about 660 hrs. Sometimes they just sit but if there are games to be played construction equipment is a fertile playground

Last edited:

laurencen

for some machines in private hands low hours is common, my S590 is a 2012 and has all of 550 hours, its not worked hard around the acreage, snow and driveway maintenance is its main work, the odd bit of landscaping so they are out there

OP
OP

442JOHN

Should I start a new thread with pictures and questions? I got the master code from Bobcat, they gave me wrong code first time 😂. I know I'll have questions. Blessings

Tlawdogg

Yes Sir, start a new thread . Include pictures of your new machine. And Fire Away the questions. A lot of experts will chime in. A truly great forum.

Latest posts