Excavator Brands

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

CottageMaker

We are starting to get some information on purchasing a compact excavator this summer. We will be using it for general landscaping and also trenching work for plumbing and construction. There seems to be several dozen manufacturers out there each with several units. What experiences, good and bad have you had with various machines. Which brands would you definately recommend and recommend against (and why). Which sizes seem to be the most versatile? Thanks for your input. Tim ps how do you set up posts so they are in paragraph form, not all meshed together?

pondfishr

My recomendation is to find the best excavator with the best local dealer warranty and service. Dealer support is one of the heaviest weighted decision tree prompts when choosing equipment. I like Bobcat but who is the most qualified dealer to offer service in your area. That should be 60%of your decision if the price is in line. Then look into features and functions that you need.

Land-Tech

My recomendation is to find the best excavator with the best local dealer warranty and service. Dealer support is one of the heaviest weighted decision tree prompts when choosing equipment. I like Bobcat but who is the most qualified dealer to offer service in your area. That should be 60%of your decision if the price is in line. Then look into features and functions that you need.
I'm with pondfisher on dealer support, I went with Bobcat when I got my first excavator,easy financing and good parts support. My 435 has been good to me. lots of operator room, suspension seat. I did take the time to try out others. I do a lot of retaining walls and it has good lifting capacity. But the fast track is hard to beat.Two year warranty.
A friend just bought a Kabota and says great things about it.Most of the brands are pretty reliable and its best that you take the time try them out.good luck scott

OP
OP
C

CottageMaker

I'm with pondfisher on dealer support, I went with Bobcat when I got my first excavator,easy financing and good parts support. My 435 has been good to me. lots of operator room, suspension seat. I did take the time to try out others. I do a lot of retaining walls and it has good lifting capacity. But the fast track is hard to beat.Two year warranty.
A friend just bought a Kabota and says great things about it.Most of the brands are pretty reliable and its best that you take the time try them out.good luck scott
We have both a Bobcat and a Kabota dealer in town so it should be easy to at least try out both of their lines.

Thanks,
Tim