Engine crank tries to start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jake75

From the beginning , had some creep in the wheels, ran at high throttle got rid of creep, had work to do . Bobcat stopped dead after hitting some rock up a hill in middle of nowhere. Bobcat will crank and try to start , violently halts after a couple seconds, like hydraulic brake kicks in? And left control arm jumps forward hard, then Bobcat dies, older s185, lifted up of ground, same thing, neutral out? Control block issue? Need help new to me machine,

OP
OP
J

jake75

Also no codes, went to try and adjust neutral doesn't have the harsh jerk at the end but still shuts down, sounds like teeth getting in motion hitting a spline then dead,

OP
OP
J

jake75

Pulled the belts off, separated hydraulics from engine, got it to turn over with no load , once I put the belts back on right back to the same problem, grinding to a halt and movement in the left hand stick ,

polishpete

liitle cvonfused u have a brake solid on the machine and when u start
u shouldnt have to take belts off to run it in nuetral

OP
OP
J

jake75

Brake is off, I read somewhere about control block ?? Could something in there berthed issue, or can anything come loose on pump?

billyb

Sounds like maybe an issue with the linkage or adjustment on top of the hydrostatic drive motor. If rollers are contacting the bar and centered so it is not trying to drive in one direction or the other upon startup you may have a more serious issue internally. You say engine does not want to start with drive belt on, suggesting there is a load somewhere.

billyb

On startup the park brake is on so if your linkages are not centered, it is like pushing a drive lever forward or back with park brake on, which will stall the engine. Another issue with these machines is that if your battery voltage drops below approx 11 volts the park brake will engage abruptly while driving.

From the beginning , had some creep in the wheels, ran at high throttle got rid of creep, had work to do . Bobcat stopped dead after hitting some rock up a hill in middle of nowhere. Bobcat will crank and try to start , violently halts after a couple seconds, like hydraulic brake kicks in? And left control arm jumps forward hard, then Bobcat dies, older s185, lifted up of ground, same thing, neutral out? Control block issue? Need help new to me machine,
the seat has a sensor when you sit down when you hit something and come off your seat it locks all the hydraulics up, or that sensor could be malfunctioning

Latest posts