Bobcat 863: Connecting aux accessories to power ONLY after start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bluealpine

I hope that title makes sense. I have a 683 that I purchased an enclosed cab kit for. It came with a heater, windshield wipers, heated seat, and light bar. The kit provided switches and fuses for all of these accessories so I connected all of this directly to the battery. The problem is, my battery is now dying when I'm not running it and I'm pretty sure it has to do with the slow trickle that everything is pulling. A few of the accessories have a small red light that remains on all the time even when the accessory is switched off so I know there is a small pull off the battery.

My question is, where do I connect all these accessories so that they are only getting power when the machine is running? I don't want to have to disconnect them from the battery or pull the fuses every time.

Thanks,

Chris 8603

If I'm not thinking weong 863 has a power on relay that cuts the power when the switch is on. What year model and serial #. I will see if I have the wiring diagram. If it doesn't all you would have to do is add a relay to the switch side of the key switch to shut them down.

Topper1

I'm with Chris.
Add an accessory power relay.
Most relays activate with only 1/4 - 1/2 amp.
Easy solution.
Key turns on relay. Relay powers accessories from FUSED battery connection.

Latest posts