CASE D125 Backhoe on 753G Bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

griffe

Hello, I found a CASE D-125 Backhoe locally. I am wondering if it will fit my 753G? I have NO mounting brackets on my 753G - I can either purchase a set or try to use the ones that COME WITH the backhoe. Any ideas?

Tazza

Staff member
Check its weight, if the machine can lift it, it will work. You may need to fabricate mounting brackets though, but thats not really that hard.

glenbell

I don't own a backhoe attachment (yet), but interested in seeing some photos of the "tiebacks" . Not sure what they "tieback" to....have heard that some have a 2" ball/hitch setup and others are something else. On my cat, the only thing that is even remotely close is the tiedown points for tying it down on a trailer...but that doesn't make sense to me as then the loader arms wouldn't be able to move to be able to lift the attachment over small obstacles, ruts etc. Someone enlighten me please? Thx.
Glen

Tazza

Staff member
I don't own a backhoe attachment (yet), but interested in seeing some photos of the "tiebacks" . Not sure what they "tieback" to....have heard that some have a 2" ball/hitch setup and others are something else. On my cat, the only thing that is even remotely close is the tiedown points for tying it down on a trailer...but that doesn't make sense to me as then the loader arms wouldn't be able to move to be able to lift the attachment over small obstacles, ruts etc. Someone enlighten me please? Thx.
Glen
Glen - The reason you need to 'tie backs' is to give it more support. It essentially links the attachment to the frame of the machine. You would be amazed just how much the bobtach moves when you're sitting about 1.5m above its pivot point. Any movement down there you feel much worse up the top in the seat. I tried this when i first got mine, it threw me around really badly, so much so i didn't use it for over a year till i found out i needed the trailer balls to hold it to the frame of the machine.
The other way to look at it is you have an attachment that weighs say one tonne, plus all the force that will be applied to it when digging, it saves putting it ALL on the tilt ram.
When you have the attachment, you'll love it. Sure, a biger machine can do it faster, but its very handy to have one.

glenbell

Glen - The reason you need to 'tie backs' is to give it more support. It essentially links the attachment to the frame of the machine. You would be amazed just how much the bobtach moves when you're sitting about 1.5m above its pivot point. Any movement down there you feel much worse up the top in the seat. I tried this when i first got mine, it threw me around really badly, so much so i didn't use it for over a year till i found out i needed the trailer balls to hold it to the frame of the machine.
The other way to look at it is you have an attachment that weighs say one tonne, plus all the force that will be applied to it when digging, it saves putting it ALL on the tilt ram.
When you have the attachment, you'll love it. Sure, a biger machine can do it faster, but its very handy to have one.
Yup, understand the need for 'em. Just not sure where they are or where they have to go - photos would be helpful. Thx Taz.

Glen

Tazza

Staff member
Yup, understand the need for 'em. Just not sure where they are or where they have to go - photos would be helpful. Thx Taz.

Glen
If you look just below the arms you should see a line of four holes i think it was, this is where the mount with the trailer ball bolts to the frame. I don't have any picutres that i can show you, its a very simple setup.