Bucket not working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

D_Hardin

Hey Guys I am having problems with a LX 865 which belongs to a ministry. The bucket will works fine mechanically but the safety system is keeping it from working. The seat belt wires were cut and they have been touching them together to get the bucket to work. I repaired the wires and check the switch but of course it now will not work. I have checked continuity on the seat belt switch and the two seat switches. I have also jumped all the switches with no luck. This is the first skid steer I have ever worked on and it's not a paying job I'm just trying to help. I would love to see a wiring diagram. Please help and thank you.

Tazza

Staff member
I wonder if its possible that the lockout solenoid is damaged? Over time, they can burn out causing issues. Check that you are getting power to the lockout solenoid. If not, it could be as simple as a bad relay.

OP
OP
D

D_Hardin

I wonder if its possible that the lockout solenoid is damaged? Over time, they can burn out causing issues. Check that you are getting power to the lockout solenoid. If not, it could be as simple as a bad relay.
Thanks for the reply Tazza I had to cut the wires today and tie them together to move the skidder. Yes I do have power to the seat belt going into it and through it. I did not check the voltage (I used a test light) so I cannot say it was 12 volts or 2 volts. I was thinking today that I should have done a voltage drop test which I will do tomorrow. I know it passed my continuity test but I have been missed lead by continuity test before. I will post again tomorrow and thank you again. David

OP
OP
D

D_Hardin

Thanks for the reply Tazza I had to cut the wires today and tie them together to move the skidder. Yes I do have power to the seat belt going into it and through it. I did not check the voltage (I used a test light) so I cannot say it was 12 volts or 2 volts. I was thinking today that I should have done a voltage drop test which I will do tomorrow. I know it passed my continuity test but I have been missed lead by continuity test before. I will post again tomorrow and thank you again. David
Ok Tazza I did my Voltage drop test and at the time it was working and I had less than a 0.10 of a volt. I took the seat belt off and on three times and the bucket quit and I had a 10.9 volt drop. Now I know it is the switch in the seat belt and I will see if I can match up one. The dealer only sells the whole thing at a cost of about $150.00. Do you know of any places to buy NH parts other than the dealer? O by the way if you short the power to the seat belt it will blow the 5 amp fuse.

Tazza

Staff member
Ok Tazza I did my Voltage drop test and at the time it was working and I had less than a 0.10 of a volt. I took the seat belt off and on three times and the bucket quit and I had a 10.9 volt drop. Now I know it is the switch in the seat belt and I will see if I can match up one. The dealer only sells the whole thing at a cost of about $150.00. Do you know of any places to buy NH parts other than the dealer? O by the way if you short the power to the seat belt it will blow the 5 amp fuse.
I thought other members have installed a switch in place of the seat belt switch. The problem was you can't leave it turned on or it drains the battery. I don't know where to get another switch like the one you have, hopefully another member has some clues.