Mustang will not start.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

foton

there should be no choke as it has a 38 hp yanmar diesel engine, what you are pulling is a manual fuel shut off to the injector pump I think. and 12.3 volts is to low when the engine is running ,it should be around 14 volts. there could be many causes of your problem and there might be more than one problem.

OP
OP
D

dmiles

there should be no choke as it has a 38 hp yanmar diesel engine, what you are pulling is a manual fuel shut off to the injector pump I think. and 12.3 volts is to low when the engine is running ,it should be around 14 volts. there could be many causes of your problem and there might be more than one problem.
How do I figure out how to stop using the choke as a shut off? When I turn the key to off it still runs. I have to pull the choke to shut it down. Not sure if that's drawing from the battery?

Firefighter

As Foton said, that choke you refer to is the only way that loader will shutoff , as it has a manual shutoff, meaning it does not shutoff with the key. if that is out when u try to start it it will not run

Bigg_Billy

I'm hoping to get some help here. I have a 1994 Mustang 940. I recently replaced the starter, battery, alternator, and positive cable from the battery to the starter. It fired up and worked fine. I ran it for a few hours. Then when I went back to use it again.....nothing. Maybe a few crackles or what sounded like sparks but that was it. Then it went dead. Checked the battery and it was at 12.9. I tried jumping it with my truck and still nothing. Once I took the jumper cables off and parked my truck I decided to see if it would start. It did! No idea why. I turned it off and tried to start it again. Nothing. Dead again. I have no clue what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Check the ignition switch...