bobcat 743b

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hi everyone i just have completed rebuilding a bobcat 743b with a kubota 36 hp engine. My problem is that when i try to push and load the rpms drop and the machine wants to shut down. Has anyone had this problem and is there maybe an adjustment that i may be able to do to correct this. also machine seems to have excessive white smoke coming from exhaust but that maybe a different problem. Thanks in advance,

Coldheart

4 easy things to check is 1) excessive oil 2) low grade fuel 3) plugged fuel filter 4) plugged air filter..

OP
OP
B
4 easy things to check is 1) excessive oil 2) low grade fuel 3) plugged fuel filter 4) plugged air filter..
Hi and thanks for the reply all of the items you mentioned are new. That's why i am a little confused. Is it possible that my maximum rpms are to low or does this machine use a governor. Thanks again

mrfixitpaul

Hi and thanks for the reply all of the items you mentioned are new. That's why i am a little confused. Is it possible that my maximum rpms are to low or does this machine use a governor. Thanks again
Maybe the fuel bleed thumb screw is not closed. Maybe the engine stop lever is not adjusted properly, the soleniod should pull the stop lever close to or just touching the stop on the cover plate. Maybe the throttle linkage needs to be adjusted to get full rpm( the throttle lever on the engine should go agains the stop adjustment bolt at full throttle. There is a governor inside. The throttle lever that goes into the engine pulls on 2 springs that pull on the injection system. Maybe one of the springs is off?

OP
OP
B
Maybe the fuel bleed thumb screw is not closed. Maybe the engine stop lever is not adjusted properly, the soleniod should pull the stop lever close to or just touching the stop on the cover plate. Maybe the throttle linkage needs to be adjusted to get full rpm( the throttle lever on the engine should go agains the stop adjustment bolt at full throttle. There is a governor inside. The throttle lever that goes into the engine pulls on 2 springs that pull on the injection system. Maybe one of the springs is off?
Thanks for the tips i will check these items to see if anything is wrong