743B Insulated Tarp

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Wandering Bob

I have an old 743B that I occasionally have trouble starting when it gets REAL cold.

I have a neighbor that loaned me this HUGE insulated tarp. Does anyone have one of these? I can't find them anywhere online, but would like to get one the size of the back of my bobcat, so that when I plug it in on super cold days ... I'm not tryna heat Alaska.

Any links?
Thanks in Advance

brdgbldr

If you can't find an insulated tarp you could try cheap moving blankets covered with a normal tarp.

Be careful though, rodents like to make nests out of cloth.

laurencen

second that on the moving blanket but they get wet easily, look at a concrete supply dealer, they use them over concrete after pouring to prevent frost

RedNeckMike

You could always fab something. Get 4x8 sheets plywood or chipboard
and glue or screw 2" styrofoam to them and built make shift shelter you can back into.
throw a tarp over that?
Just a thought

Topper1

I built my own. An hour on the sewing machine, Walmart deck table cover on sale $15, left over foil bubble insulation from a local plumber(free) super magnets from dollar store $5, and some vinyl drawer liner for magnet strips. Water proofed with whatever is cheap. Silicone spray, tent spray, linseed oil.
2 hrs at -30, everything under the hood is at operating temp 180*f
200w block heater, 750w circ block heater and heat pads on the fuel and hydraulic tank.
20211215_165953.jpg

OP
OP
W

Wandering Bob

second that on the moving blanket but they get wet easily, look at a concrete supply dealer, they use them over concrete after pouring to prevent frost
I built my own. An hour on the sewing machine, Walmart deck table cover on sale $15, left over foil bubble insulation from a local plumber(free) super magnets from dollar store $5, and some vinyl drawer liner for magnet strips. Water proofed with whatever is cheap. Silicone spray, tent spray, linseed oil.
2 hrs at -30, everything under the hood is at operating temp 180*f
200w block heater, 750w circ block heater and heat pads on the fuel and hydraulic tank. View attachment 5601This looks like what I'm after. In your spare time, consider making these as a side job. 😊

OP
OP
W

Wandering Bob

You could always fab something. Get 4x8 sheets plywood or chipboard
and glue or screw 2" styrofoam to them and built make shift shelter you can back into.
throw a tarp over that?
Just a thought
I park it in a lean-to shed, Just looking to cover the engine compartment while warming up. Thanks!

OP
OP
W

Wandering Bob

If you can't find an insulated tarp you could try cheap moving blankets covered with a normal tarp.

Be careful though, rodents like to make nests out of cloth.
I certainly have plenty of critters I should be making meals out of. Moving Blanket would be fastest and cheapest, I think. Thanks

Latest posts