743b issues electrical and other

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

foton

I have read that the 2203 is to much engine for the pumps to handle if used hard ,the 1902 is the engine that I have read works best and with not that much retrofitting required. but I do not have that personal knowledge one way or another.(disclaimer)

OP
OP

I saw that written online somewhere but I also talked w 3 people w v2203 DI engines that were in 743bs and they were really happy. And they've been I a while. They also said , no glow plugs needed and there's weren't even rebuilt v2203s

OP
OP

Just an update been running the machine it runs pretty normal other than hard starting. I threw some engine restore in it after watching some videos and I can actually start it w just th glow plugs but I have to crank the shit out of it and get it basically running on the starter.

If I let off too soon it'll put out slower and slower and die , then finally it gets enough heat it'll run. Still tons of blow by in fact the other day when I cranked it up in RPM it blew the damn dip stick out and made a mess w oil. So I refilled it and zip tied the stick in. Lol. Hey it's working getting the job done so far do what you gotta do to get the job done I guess.

If I can't find a reasonable replacement I'm gonna tear this down after and fix it so I'll possibly have some pictures of what was going on exactly.

OP
OP

And if it's a cold day I end up using the grid heater. It is a really big plus having that thing there. It works great. And it will stay on when I rebuild the engine shoulda had it in the first place on the IDi engines in My opinion.

oiu789

Did you check that the glow plugs are getting the right voltage to them? Check on how long they are energized. Could have a wiring or timer or relay issue.

OP
OP

Did you check that the glow plugs are getting the right voltage to them? Check on how long they are energized. Could have a wiring or timer or relay issue.
Yes to testing voltage . No to testing length of time
But you did see the picture of it pouring blow by out of the breather tube right?

Latest posts