Best tires/wheels for a 773G turbo?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

byrone

Hi again, just wonder what the collective wisdom is for the best wheel/tire combo for a 773G turbo? Stick with the factory 10's or go to 12's? Any brands better than others for traction and/or wear? Solitek,solideal, armstrong,carlisle, etc? many thanks, Byron

Tazza

Staff member
Do you want good, or do you want econimical? If it's just for home use, get something cheap with a good ply rating. The set i ran on my 743 for about 6 odd years cost me about $100 each, 10 ply i believe. It was only used for home use, when i sold it, they were still in great shape after 400 odd hours use. I just got another set for the S150, they were about $120 each i think.

OP
OP
B

byrone

Do you want good, or do you want econimical? If it's just for home use, get something cheap with a good ply rating. The set i ran on my 743 for about 6 odd years cost me about $100 each, 10 ply i believe. It was only used for home use, when i sold it, they were still in great shape after 400 odd hours use. I just got another set for the S150, they were about $120 each i think.
I think I'd lean towards good but I'm clearly never going to put any hours on this thing so lifetime or $/hr don't mean much to me. traction and no problems are key. So, stick with 10 inch tires? The 12's just provide a bit of flotation at the expense of power? Thx

[email protected]

I think I'd lean towards good but I'm clearly never going to put any hours on this thing so lifetime or $/hr don't mean much to me. traction and no problems are key. So, stick with 10 inch tires? The 12's just provide a bit of flotation at the expense of power? Thx
solideal lifemaster

Wirenut2266

solideal lifemaster
I went with the Solideal Extra-Wall 10ply......They seem pretty nice for the $$$. I paid $155/e installed so I thought that was fair. I also thought about Galaxy brand, but went with the Sloideal. Prepare yourself now......The country of mfg. stamped on my tires say "Sri-Lanka"......Would rather have USA made, but I will live with it!!!