Another 743B Tutorial Needed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Atilathehun99

As has been related before had a 722 for 20+ and now have a 743B. With the ROP tilted forward the 722's controls/instrument panel remained as it was during operation. That made it easy to tilt the ROP and start and run the machine to look for leaks in the hydro system and examine other items.

The 742B is different with the ROP tilting back the key switch and such moves with the ROP and harder to access. My question.....can you start the 743B, tilt the ROP and it still runs? I haven't tried this but assumes it will. I also assume unless I depress the lap bar switch the hoist and bucket will still be interlocked. I've been surprised that the lap bar switch doesn't interlock the drive motors.

Moving from a 722 to more modern makes a lap bar/safety switches a whole new world to me.

Markle

I have the 743 and if the diesel engine is running, it will run til fuel is shut off. I fully expect it will run with ROPS cab up, but I would never do this. my ROPS cab doesn't lock in place. It's dang heavy and I wouldn't trust it to stay up with my head in there. I always strap it so it can't fall. Maybe I'm just overprotective, but I'm still here. I can imagine if the machine is running, ROPS cab up , and you bump a drive stick (brakes can fail), bad outcome is possible. The foot pedals for lift and tilt should be locked with lap bar up, disengaged. I wouldn't assume it. You must verify. These machines are getting old(er)….safety features can fail or may have been bypassed by previous owners. SAFETY FIRST!