Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
P

perry

The "pto" button just activates the coil we have been dicussing. Your seat bar switch still needs to function but not the switch on the seat. I still find it a pain to push the button after I have pulled down the seat bar. But it is reliable. My 553 has not had the update to the pto button but my 853 has. After initially getting the seat and seat bar switches set correctly I have no problem with either. The 553 is a little nicer because the seat bar comes down and your ready to roll. I still find myself trying to take off in the 853 b4 hitting the button. (habit from the 553)
Should put up some pics of the seat and safety bar switches. Activating the switch is just a matter of moving a small magnet into close (proper) promimity to the other side(sensor part) of the switch. With the seat one often a small rock , pop can prevented movement or operator that was to small to compress the seat mounting down, So after numerous complaints Bobcat finally came out with a pto button that replaced the seat switch to solve the problem.
Glad to hear your running with a farely minor repair
Ken
I installed the new spool and coil before I installed the PTO hoping that would be the only problem, but it still didn't operate and it was getting 7.5 volts???. I also picked up a new seat at BC, one of the mechanics had it in his work area and he let me have it for $50. Mine was rusted on the bottom. I also ask him if there was a way to bypass the seat sensor, he said it was wired into the computer in such a way he had not found a way to bypass. A couple of other questions.......... How do I drain the hyd fluid from the system, I want to replace with new fluid. Mine creeps to the left a little, is this just adjustment to the controls?. The manual doesn't explain the 'bucket position valve', does this keep the bucket level?. Thanks

skidsteer.ca

I installed the new spool and coil before I installed the PTO hoping that would be the only problem, but it still didn't operate and it was getting 7.5 volts???. I also picked up a new seat at BC, one of the mechanics had it in his work area and he let me have it for $50. Mine was rusted on the bottom. I also ask him if there was a way to bypass the seat sensor, he said it was wired into the computer in such a way he had not found a way to bypass. A couple of other questions.......... How do I drain the hyd fluid from the system, I want to replace with new fluid. Mine creeps to the left a little, is this just adjustment to the controls?. The manual doesn't explain the 'bucket position valve', does this keep the bucket level?. Thanks
Perry
You check to see that the coil had a ground too? Did you ask the mechanics if 7.5 volts is the normal voltage for the coil? All of you bics lites were lit up?
When my 553 had the problem you had,The only way I could bypass the sensors way to simply hook the coil to my own power wire. (don't believe I added a extra ground wire) I had connected to the key. Then "key on" unlocked the lift and tilt safety coil and I had to push the "traction lock overide" button to release the park brake/pin. My bics was working when I tore the loader down for the rebuild, so I knew it was something I assembled wrong. Its a matter of the little magnets on one side of the sensor moving into close promimity to the other side of the sensor when you lower the seat bar or sit in the seat.
Bucket positioning levels the bucket(sort of) when you lift the loader arms, it does not work when lowering them.
Creeping is just a adjustment problem between the device below the front of the seat that centers your steering levers (this device may be worn, but is pretty self explanetory) and where your steering cables attach to the hydro pump. Lenghting or shortening the cable on the offending side will solve it so long as the centering device consistantly centers the steering lever exactly the same every time.
There is a post in here somewhere about draining you hyd oil into you chain case and adding new oil, you should be able to find it with a search of "hydraulic oil"
ken

OP
OP
P

perry

Perry
You check to see that the coil had a ground too? Did you ask the mechanics if 7.5 volts is the normal voltage for the coil? All of you bics lites were lit up?
When my 553 had the problem you had,The only way I could bypass the sensors way to simply hook the coil to my own power wire. (don't believe I added a extra ground wire) I had connected to the key. Then "key on" unlocked the lift and tilt safety coil and I had to push the "traction lock overide" button to release the park brake/pin. My bics was working when I tore the loader down for the rebuild, so I knew it was something I assembled wrong. Its a matter of the little magnets on one side of the sensor moving into close promimity to the other side of the sensor when you lower the seat bar or sit in the seat.
Bucket positioning levels the bucket(sort of) when you lift the loader arms, it does not work when lowering them.
Creeping is just a adjustment problem between the device below the front of the seat that centers your steering levers (this device may be worn, but is pretty self explanetory) and where your steering cables attach to the hydro pump. Lenghting or shortening the cable on the offending side will solve it so long as the centering device consistantly centers the steering lever exactly the same every time.
There is a post in here somewhere about draining you hyd oil into you chain case and adding new oil, you should be able to find it with a search of "hydraulic oil"
ken
Thanks again ken.........

OP
OP
P

perry

Thanks again ken.........
Looking around on ebay just to see what parts are available, there is this one guy that sells hyd. pumps that fits a number of BC, including mine. $450, anybody ever buy from this fella?. Thanks