337 leaking fluid

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

builderdave

Hey, new here but have a problem. This afternoon I noticed the left rear drive leaking fluid around the hub on the outside. Pretty much stopped after that and am afraid to ask what might be the culprit, seal of loose fitting I hope. Thanks.

Fishfiles

Could it be a leaking axle seal?
I am thinking you are talking about a Bobcat 337 excavator , and it sounds like you are leaking from the travel motor planetary seal, I hope it is not , a new travel motor assembly I seem to remember for that machine is about 14 thousand , plus sale taxes and labor

OP
OP
B

builderdave

I am thinking you are talking about a Bobcat 337 excavator , and it sounds like you are leaking from the travel motor planetary seal, I hope it is not , a new travel motor assembly I seem to remember for that machine is about 14 thousand , plus sale taxes and labor
Yes, Bobcat excavator. Can't be repaired or rebuilt?

Fishfiles

Yes, Bobcat excavator. Can't be repaired or rebuilt?
it's 5,600 for a new travel motor assembly , not a bad price , it's the 442 that 's costly, no remaned avail . , seal kit is 600 , bearings more than that , it can be rebuilt , it isn't easy and easy to mess up

OP
OP
B

builderdave

it's 5,600 for a new travel motor assembly , not a bad price , it's the 442 that 's costly, no remaned avail . , seal kit is 600 , bearings more than that , it can be rebuilt , it isn't easy and easy to mess up
Ok, thanks for the help guys, this is a bad time for expensive repairs.

Latest posts