Friendly reminder to change our final drive fluid

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mmsllc

Before the very busy upcoming season is upon us, be sure to change your final drive fluids. It costs very little in the way of time & money spent replacing this vital fluid versus the incredible cost it requires to replace them. I hope this helps out the younger / newer guys to tracked equipment.

Tazza

Staff member
I have to make sure to do this on my Komatsu, it has spent the last 2 days digging a trench 200m long. It has been well neglected, I have serviced some parts, but had not had time to do it all, the final drives are on the list. One track is leaking, I hope it's hydraulic fluid and not final drive fluid.

OP
OP
M

mmsllc

I have to make sure to do this on my Komatsu, it has spent the last 2 days digging a trench 200m long. It has been well neglected, I have serviced some parts, but had not had time to do it all, the final drives are on the list. One track is leaking, I hope it's hydraulic fluid and not final drive fluid.
Hey Tazza, its been a good while. I would expect you to have a fully serviced machine, of all people. Nevertheless, if it is leaking fluid outward, just imagine what could be leaking inward when that final drive isn't doing anything. It if is gear oil leaking, tackle it now while it still has some fluid in it to lube everything up.

Tazza

Staff member
Hey Tazza, its been a good while. I would expect you to have a fully serviced machine, of all people. Nevertheless, if it is leaking fluid outward, just imagine what could be leaking inward when that final drive isn't doing anything. It if is gear oil leaking, tackle it now while it still has some fluid in it to lube everything up.
It has been a while since we last spoke
Sadly I have so little time these days, I needed it to do a job, so I did minimal servicing to get me by.
The engine is worn, but thankfully it did the job that was asked of it. I'll have to get to servicing it though, I'd like for it to out last my use of the machine.

Latest posts