1971 1200A MUSTANG

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TOMMYC

I have a 1971 1200A OMC skid steer that the engine keeps shutting down under a load. I can let it rest for about 30 to 60 seconds and it will fire back up and run for 3 to 5 min. before it bogs down again. Sometimes when I feel it begin lose RPM, I can slow down the Variable Speed and the and the accelerator and let it idle at low RPM. After 30 to 60 seconds I can idle back up and work for 3 to 5 min before the event repeats itself. Any Thoughts ??

OP
OP
T

TOMMYC

Possible ignition coil overheating.....
First thought was fuel filter, which I changed. Fuel lines and caps are Good. It seems to be load related, and the event is now almost all the time. It has the same problem, even on start up before the engine gets really warmed up. I normally warm engine up before I go to work, but for testing I tried while engine was cold with same results.

antfarmer2

First thought was fuel filter, which I changed. Fuel lines and caps are Good. It seems to be load related, and the event is now almost all the time. It has the same problem, even on start up before the engine gets really warmed up. I normally warm engine up before I go to work, but for testing I tried while engine was cold with same results.
turn the aux hydr off

OP
OP
T

TOMMYC

have you changed the hydro filter?
Thanks for your thoughts. I will look for a way to shut off aux power. Does not have a case drain, but I have a new Hyd filter on the shelf. Might as well change it and see what happens. thanks