743B restoration help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
S

Surveyor

On my 743 the lines are on the right side when sitting in it you have a 50 50 chance of getting it right and easy to change if not I could look at mine but not sure if they changed from 743 to 743b
I just had my surgery 2 weeks ago. Feeling pretty good now. With the help of a good friend we have made some progress on the project 743B. I'm going to try to post some pictures now. The motor should be going in next week if I can get a break in the weather and get the engine bay cleaned out.

OP
OP
S

Surveyor

I just had my surgery 2 weeks ago. Feeling pretty good now. With the help of a good friend we have made some progress on the project 743B. I'm going to try to post some pictures now. The motor should be going in next week if I can get a break in the weather and get the engine bay cleaned out.
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag32/dyoung1136/Bobcat%20743B/743b%20new%20wheels_zpslbd8lzf0.jpg

wbecker

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag32/dyoung1136/Bobcat%20743B/743b%20new%20wheels_zpslbd8lzf0.jpg
In my 743B parts book S/N5093 18001 & above, The tilt lines are on page 33 of the hydraulic section. The tubes from the control valve are 6571691 and 6571690, they go from the control valve to the rubber lines in the back. In the back they connect to the rubber hoes that run up to the steel lines on the left lift arm. Bill B

OP
OP
S

Surveyor

In my 743B parts book S/N5093 18001 & above, The tilt lines are on page 33 of the hydraulic section. The tubes from the control valve are 6571691 and 6571690, they go from the control valve to the rubber lines in the back. In the back they connect to the rubber hoes that run up to the steel lines on the left lift arm. Bill B
hmmm, Is there any way I can get a picture or a download of that?

wbecker

If you send me your email address, I'll copy the page in my manual and scan it and send it to you. Of you can go to the Bobcat site, there are all the manuals there for anyone to use. Bill B [email protected]
You could try this ULR if it works it is the page from Bobcat on line parts. http://www.bobcatpartsonline.com/bobcat/mainPage.jsp?home=yes&isF11=true&tocStatus=0

wbecker

I said the tilt lines go on the left arm, I was thinking of the aux lines, the tilt lines are on the right arm. Sorry for the confusion. Hope the scans I sent from the manual helped. Bill B

OP
OP
S

Surveyor

I said the tilt lines go on the left arm, I was thinking of the aux lines, the tilt lines are on the right arm. Sorry for the confusion. Hope the scans I sent from the manual helped. Bill B
Thank you Bill B for the pics you emailed me.Very helpful

wbecker

Thank you Bill B for the pics you emailed me.Very helpful
Glad to help. if you need any other pictures that would help in your project, just let me know, I'll email them. Hope your doing much better, Good luck on the 743B. Bill B

OP
OP
S

Surveyor

Glad to help. if you need any other pictures that would help in your project, just let me know, I'll email them. Hope your doing much better, Good luck on the 743B. Bill B
The guy that sold me the machine said that he figured out how to put it in neutral so he could move it from the roll back to my trailer. Is there a lever somewhere that I have to move back before I start the new motor? When we removed the cab I did see that a small hydrologic line was disconnected. Could that be how he did it?

antfarmer2

The guy that sold me the machine said that he figured out how to put it in neutral so he could move it from the roll back to my trailer. Is there a lever somewhere that I have to move back before I start the new motor? When we removed the cab I did see that a small hydrologic line was disconnected. Could that be how he did it?
The only way I moved mine was to pull the drive motors out but if you pull the lines off should work too check both sides and make sure the hydro fluid is full before you start it

Tazza

Staff member
The only way I moved mine was to pull the drive motors out but if you pull the lines off should work too check both sides and make sure the hydro fluid is full before you start it
As anyfarmer said, you can't roll it without removing the motors or opening the lines.
If you open the lines, ensure you clean the area well before hand. You don't want any crud being sucked into the motors. If you go this way, ensure you roll it slowly, oil will spit out the lines, just ensure you don't run it dry (would take a lot of rolling to do this).

OP
OP
S

Surveyor

As anyfarmer said, you can't roll it without removing the motors or opening the lines.
If you open the lines, ensure you clean the area well before hand. You don't want any crud being sucked into the motors. If you go this way, ensure you roll it slowly, oil will spit out the lines, just ensure you don't run it dry (would take a lot of rolling to do this).
The motor is in and I need a little help with the wires. The are 3 red wires near the starter with large eyes on the ends. Do these hook to the main positive cable at the starter? I can't remember if they were hooked there when I took it off.

wbecker

The motor is in and I need a little help with the wires. The are 3 red wires near the starter with large eyes on the ends. Do these hook to the main positive cable at the starter? I can't remember if they were hooked there when I took it off.
On the diagram for my 473B SN18001 & Up, there are 6 red wires and 1 lt green wires on the big terminal on the starter.

OP
OP
S

Surveyor

On the diagram for my 473B SN18001 & Up, there are 6 red wires and 1 lt green wires on the big terminal on the starter.
Thanks, I got all those hooked up. About 2 inches from those wires is two wires with a small black plug and it has a red and blue and a yellow and black wire going to it. I don't see anywhere to plug it in. Maybe you can send me the diagram by email because there are a few more I cant figure out.

OP
OP
S

Surveyor

Thanks, I got all those hooked up. About 2 inches from those wires is two wires with a small black plug and it has a red and blue and a yellow and black wire going to it. I don't see anywhere to plug it in. Maybe you can send me the diagram by email because there are a few more I cant figure out.
The 2 auxillary lines at the end of the left arm are open. Can someone tell me the part number for the quick connect fittings that hook to these lines?

wbecker

The 2 auxillary lines at the end of the left arm are open. Can someone tell me the part number for the quick connect fittings that hook to these lines?
I got y flat face couplers from www.discounthydrraulics.com Part # 4HTOF5, 1/2" ISO 16028 Female with #10 SAE/ORB threads. Part# HT4OF5, 1/2" ISO 16028 male nipple with #10 SAE/ORB threads. They are not cheap, about $150 for the pair. Bill B

OP
OP
S

Surveyor

I got y flat face couplers from www.discounthydrraulics.com Part # 4HTOF5, 1/2" ISO 16028 Female with #10 SAE/ORB threads. Part# HT4OF5, 1/2" ISO 16028 male nipple with #10 SAE/ORB threads. They are not cheap, about $150 for the pair. Bill B
Will I also need 2 reducers to go from the 5/8 female lines to these 2 connectors?

wbecker

Will I also need 2 reducers to go from the 5/8 female lines to these 2 connectors?
I think the couplers are called 1/2", but the female threaded end of the flat face couplers I gave you are #10 SAE female threads (which is 5/8"). So looks like what you need is 2 Bulkhead fittings, SAE J1926-1 straight thread O-ring port on one end and flared tube 5/8" on the other end. And you will need 2 "O" rings. You can call Discount Hydraulic Hose and ask them to verify what you need to connect the flat face couplers to the 5/8" steel tube (I'm no expert). Or order the fittings from Bobcat, 2 fittings 45K000007B, and 2 "O" rings 79K000010B, and 2 nuts 86000007B.