Where to get a case 1835b drive motor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RussT

I'm looking to get two good new or rebuilt drive motors for my skid steer. Only place that "has" them online (Loader Parts Source) are out of stock and said they might get some in June. But didn't sound optimistic. My left went out and took the pump with it. If I'm replacing one I might as well replace both of them at the same time and keep the extra as a spare. Any help much appreciated

Gearclash

Have you checked with a Case Construction dealer? Not that I like dealing with dealers . . . The old motors are a Ross/TRW, the replacement from Case will probably be a Parker. I have seen too many output shaft seals wear out on the original Ross/TRX motors to recommend spending any money on them. Just to properly fix the leaking seal on the old motors costs at least half of what a new motor does -- and in your case you have a bad motor so I would guess a proper rebuild would be as much as a new motor.

OP
OP
R

RussT

I dismissed the idea of calling the dealer... With the age of the machine and all. But I will give it a try. Worse they can say is no.

I'm pretty sure my pumps are the updated pumps as they have the extended shaft with outboard bearings.

I'm pretty sure this pumps is not rebuild at this point. If it was I would just buy the kit and give it a try. My sense of it by turning it by hand is the internals are spinning free of the drive shaft. Guessing something(s) are/is broke in there. 🤷‍♂️

rusty2867

I was able to get mine from Case 2 yrs or so ago they were like $1200 exchange for reman.