Where do you find low hour Used Bobcats?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dougk

I am looking for a used Bobcat but found Craigslist is limited. Where should I look for low hour reasonably priced Bobcats?

nobull1

Do you have an on-line heavy equipment trader or auto trader? What became of the low hour 763 with all the attachments you were considering?

Fishfiles

Do you have an on-line heavy equipment trader or auto trader? What became of the low hour 763 with all the attachments you were considering?
I see some good deals from time to time in New Orleans Area , how far are you willing to travel or have shipped

wright const

I see some good deals from time to time in New Orleans Area , how far are you willing to travel or have shipped
Check with repo guys in your area , were are you located I have a connection if your close to New England area I'm located in Boston

OP
OP
D

dougk

The 763 is owned by 2 of my neighbors. One is having sellers remorse. So I am looking for a backup.

OP
OP
D

dougk

The 763 is owned by 2 of my neighbors. One is having sellers remorse. So I am looking for a backup.
I am willing to travel to New Orleans for a S2xx in great condition with less than 1000 hours selling for less than $10k

Fishfiles

I am willing to travel to New Orleans for a S2xx in great condition with less than 1000 hours selling for less than $10k
I am going to check for you today and see whats for sale this week , how far away are you

OP
OP
D

dougk

Try the various equipment auctions around the country. a lot of repo units and excess stock floating around right now
here is a skidsteer auction happening today http://www.purplewave.com/cgi-bin/pwdetails.cgi?100126
thanks for the sites...

Fishfiles

thanks for the sites...
Here is what I seen so far , a 2005 S205 1066hrs for 15,000 , a 2005 S220 910 hrs 17,000 , a 2005 S 300 1500 hrs for 18,500 , all three of these is from the same guy I never seen them but hear they are clean , seems to get to 10,000 in a big framed S series wheeled machine you have to drop off to around the year 2000 or older

Fishfiles

Here is what I seen so far , a 2005 S205 1066hrs for 15,000 , a 2005 S220 910 hrs 17,000 , a 2005 S 300 1500 hrs for 18,500 , all three of these is from the same guy I never seen them but hear they are clean , seems to get to 10,000 in a big framed S series wheeled machine you have to drop off to around the year 2000 or older
Really good deal on a T series 190 tracked machine , about 2001 or 02 , about 2,500 hours $6,500 machine and bucket , 1,000 for a grapple , machine is in fair condition , tracks real good , needs some paint , and steering adjustment , guy can't work any more from back injury needs money

OP
OP
D

dougk

Really good deal on a T series 190 tracked machine , about 2001 or 02 , about 2,500 hours $6,500 machine and bucket , 1,000 for a grapple , machine is in fair condition , tracks real good , needs some paint , and steering adjustment , guy can't work any more from back injury needs money
Fishfiles That would work for me. How do you private message on this forum. I will gladly send you my contact information.

Fishfiles

Fishfiles That would work for me. How do you private message on this forum. I will gladly send you my contact information.
I sent you an email off your profile , call the number I gave you and talk direct with him , any help I could give you let me know --------------------he also has a really good deal on an Ingersol Ryan 80 gal , 13 hp Honda electric start air compressor that looks brand new for 1,200 , and auger , some bits , forks and a hammer , someone may have bought the trailer for it , not sure ------he been thinking about selling but the equipment just went for sale yesterday , if you are really interested I'd move on it cause at that price I don't think it won't last long , I think he could get 10,000 like it is , machine and grapple

OP
OP
D

dougk

I sent you an email off your profile , call the number I gave you and talk direct with him , any help I could give you let me know --------------------he also has a really good deal on an Ingersol Ryan 80 gal , 13 hp Honda electric start air compressor that looks brand new for 1,200 , and auger , some bits , forks and a hammer , someone may have bought the trailer for it , not sure ------he been thinking about selling but the equipment just went for sale yesterday , if you are really interested I'd move on it cause at that price I don't think it won't last long , I think he could get 10,000 like it is , machine and grapple
I found a S185 for $8k. Well actually my wife did. I had been looking for weeks, having some great advice from Fishfiles I was looking at the S220 and had started to justify spending $16k for a 2004 with 500 hours. Then just before the Superbowl my wife informed me she saw an S185 on craigslist for $8k. It had just been listed. That evening I talked to the owner and setup a time on Monday to look at the unit which was only 1 hour away and a trailer. On the way to check the unit I found that the mechanic I had used in the past had worked on the unit. His comments where the owner was one of the few people that regularly maintained his equipment and he would not perform a preasure test on the unit. When seeing the unit I could tell is was used with 2500 hours but was well maintained. After 30 checking the belts, engine and under carriage I ended up with the S185 and a Big Tex trailer for $8,700. The trailer needs work, the only thing I did with the S175 was replace the seat. thanks...... with a special thanks to Fishfiles

m610

I found a S185 for $8k. Well actually my wife did. I had been looking for weeks, having some great advice from Fishfiles I was looking at the S220 and had started to justify spending $16k for a 2004 with 500 hours. Then just before the Superbowl my wife informed me she saw an S185 on craigslist for $8k. It had just been listed. That evening I talked to the owner and setup a time on Monday to look at the unit which was only 1 hour away and a trailer. On the way to check the unit I found that the mechanic I had used in the past had worked on the unit. His comments where the owner was one of the few people that regularly maintained his equipment and he would not perform a preasure test on the unit. When seeing the unit I could tell is was used with 2500 hours but was well maintained. After 30 checking the belts, engine and under carriage I ended up with the S185 and a Big Tex trailer for $8,700. The trailer needs work, the only thing I did with the S175 was replace the seat. thanks...... with a special thanks to Fishfiles
The T190 sure seemed like a good deal. While I get my machines by chance - someone elses' problem machine that was too costly or troublesome to fix ends up in my yard, I am currently looking for a good deal for a friend. He needs a Bobcat or other skid steer for work clearing foreclosed homes, farms and lots but cannot afford an expensive machine. I am looking for a good deal or fixer-upper to repair and set him up for his work. Been really lucky finding attachments for good prices lately, I hope a machine will be just as easy to find.