what brand trailer could this be?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

[email protected]

as i've said in a couple posts, i bought a skid steer trailer as part of a package deal. i have not picked it up yet, but i am just curious what brand it was. it is a 1985 trailer. it is white and was bought a bobcat of boston. was bobcat selling their own brand trailer at one point?

Miker67

To my knowledge, no, Bobcat, nor any of its previous variants (Melroe, Clark) has been in the trailer business. Every trailer that is legal to drive (in most states) will have a manufacturer's data plate that lists the gvw, vin # and the manufacturer info. Just look at the data plate when you pick it up. I would be more worried about the condition of the wheel bearings than who made it. Any trailer we get that's not new off the showroom floor gets treated to a floor jack/wheel inspection before it ever hits the road, even for the trip home.

Bobcatdan

To my knowledge, no, Bobcat, nor any of its previous variants (Melroe, Clark) has been in the trailer business. Every trailer that is legal to drive (in most states) will have a manufacturer's data plate that lists the gvw, vin # and the manufacturer info. Just look at the data plate when you pick it up. I would be more worried about the condition of the wheel bearings than who made it. Any trailer we get that's not new off the showroom floor gets treated to a floor jack/wheel inspection before it ever hits the road, even for the trip home.
Most dealers sell trailer, but it is up to the dealer what brand they sell. I do not know of bobcat ever selling trailers, if by some chance they did, I would bet they rebadged somebody eles.

OP
OP
T

[email protected]

Most dealers sell trailer, but it is up to the dealer what brand they sell. I do not know of bobcat ever selling trailers, if by some chance they did, I would bet they rebadged somebody eles.
ah. i just figured because it is white, they rebranded them or something. i guess when i pick it up ill find out haha