Help: what is this?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Swan

I'm thinking about buying this but I have no idea what it is. Anyone have a guess?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this. I'm new here.
Screenshot_20230112_181732_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230112_181738_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230112_181742_Facebook.jpg

cdmccul

Welcome aboard.

Looks like a Bobcat 610 from here, but I don't know what to tell you to help identify further.

And it looks in really rough shape.

You should post this in the General Bobcat Forum. I don't know if admin would/could move this or not.

OP
OP
Swan

Swan

Welcome aboard.

Looks like a Bobcat 610 from here, but I don't know what to tell you to help identify further.

And it looks in really rough shape.

You should post this in the General Bobcat Forum. I don't know if admin would/could move this or not.
I thought the same, but the back post doesn't seem to be the same as the 610?

Fabricator

That does look like an oddity. It has the rear posts and cab similar to the B-series, but has the side panels and arm configuration like a 610.

Here's a 520 and 610. Yours seems to be between the two of them?

520vs610-Side-1976.jpg

OP
OP
Swan

Swan

How much are they paying you to take it? Looks like a lot of ….fun?
It needs a motor and some rust repair as far as I know. I still haven't committed to it. I just want to know what the heck it is before I get into a project I might not even be able to get parts for.

OP
OP
Swan

Swan

T-rustyfix

I was fortunate enough to find an equipment junkyard that had parts for mine. Perhaps that is a possibility for you as well. Either way, you will be committing to a lot of time and money invested. Hopefully, you have a close family member or friend to make some solid memories with! I recommend to crack the case access and have a look at the insides prior purchasing. You will likely have every component of this machine out and on the bench at some point. Enjoy!