wanted: 4jb1 engine any condition

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mog

Hey All

I am desperately seeking a Isuzu 4jb1 engine for my 853. I cannot rebuild my unit as the rod that blasted through the side took out the block and the crankcase. I have found listings for the blocks and such from ebay but they don't have the crankcase part# 6659927 with them. I would love to find a running unit but would easily settle for a non running engine with the crankcase that I could rebuild.

OP
OP
M

mog

I found an engine. Not exactly a 4jb1 but relatively close. I picked it up at an auction. I think it may have been out of an elf truck. The bottom half was missing the case part#6659927 and the oil pan was deeper. I had to modify the drain plug with a flat face plug and drilled out the plug and threaded into the plug a 90 fitting - hard to describe but it allows about 1/4 of clearance for the plug and the fuel tank below. It bolted right in with the exception of two bolts that used to go into the engine crank case and the housing for the belt. I basically got damn lucky finding the engine on a website for auction. After comparing the picture with the 4jb1 i was about 80% sure it was right.

wateka

Well done. Hopefully you can patch up your crankcase and reuse it. What auction website had the engine? There had been some complete 4JB1 used engines at Rbauction.com (See picture) but they were in Europe and you would have to go through the whole import nightmare. Some were standalone engines and one was in a generator.

65A33A0F-B75F-447F-A5E0-B94B58E81106.png

OP
OP
M

mog

Yeah Ritchie bros was where I lucked out. It was a unit on a stand and it did not have the isuzu id number. I was able to compare the second picture with the one in the machine by the valve cover and water pump housing area that had a distinctive square knob on it. The crankcase is toast and I didnt bother to even attempt to repair it. I just installed it without the crankcase extension.

Attachments

• engine isuzu1.jpg
    engine isuzu1.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 46
  • engine isuzu.jpg
    engine isuzu.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 45