VH4D fuel pump conversion

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

AutoScott

I have a M-700 w a VH4D w mech fuel pump. I believe the pump is going bad so I would like to install an electric pump in place of the old pump. I know that it needs to be a low pressure pump. Around 5 psi. Has anyone done this? Any problems?

mark18mwm

This is the one I use, 2-3.5 psi. I was using a 4-7 psi pump that did work but every now and then when the machine was bouncing around it would over power the needle &seat in the carb and flood a bit. 4-7 will work in a pinch but this one in the link seems perfect. I'v had it on 3 years with no problem. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/MRG0/42S/N0515.oap?ck=Search_fuel+pumps+-+electric+-+universal_-1_-1&keyword=fuel+pumps+-+electric+-+universal

6brnorma

This is the one I use, 2-3.5 psi. I was using a 4-7 psi pump that did work but every now and then when the machine was bouncing around it would over power the needle &seat in the carb and flood a bit. 4-7 will work in a pinch but this one in the link seems perfect. I'v had it on 3 years with no problem. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/MRG0/42S/N0515.oap?ck=Search_fuel+pumps+-+electric+-+universal_-1_-1&keyword=fuel+pumps+-+electric+-+universal
I can't get Mark's link, he gives good info so this may be the same pump……I use NAPA pt# P60504. Someone found the exact same pump on Amazon a while back (I can't find the thread) for less money then NAPA. It's a Carter….only $41.00.

mark18mwm

I can't get Mark's link, he gives good info so this may be the same pump……I use NAPA pt# P60504. Someone found the exact same pump on Amazon a while back (I can't find the thread) for less money then NAPA. It's a Carter….only $41.00.
I don't know why but I can't get links i post to just be clicked on to show up, you have to copy and paste for them to show up. Anyway, this pump is available at O'riley auto parts. Mr. Gasket - Fuel Pump Line: MRG | Part # 42S $46.99.

stroklund

I don't know why but I can't get links i post to just be clicked on to show up, you have to copy and paste for them to show up. Anyway, this pump is available at O'riley auto parts. Mr. Gasket - Fuel Pump Line: MRG | Part # 42S $46.99.
I just did this on my 700. got a pump from the bobcat dealer they sold me an ac delco pump# EP12S works great. I got my power from the key switch side of the ignition coil and grounded on the mounting bracket for the pump.

OP
OP
A

AutoScott

I just did this on my 700. got a pump from the bobcat dealer they sold me an ac delco pump# EP12S works great. I got my power from the key switch side of the ignition coil and grounded on the mounting bracket for the pump.
I got the one from Napa this weekend. It was the only one available up here in Alaska. Put it on and it works great. Thanks guys for the Info!!!

HanSolo

I had a M700 with bad fuel pump. I couldn't find a low pressure electric but got a 4 - 7 PSI IIRC and put a fuel pressure regulator in-line to get that down to 2 - 3 PSI. Worked like a champ.

Latest posts