Fuel Injection Pump

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TottenhamMark

I have a Bobcat with a V2203-E diesel engine. I pulled the fuel injection pump apart and cleaned it. It was pretty gummed up and dirty. My concern is for the 4 caps with check valves on the top of the pump where the fuel injector lines attach. I have been trying to find out what these parts are called because I am pretty sure that I have a problem with at least one of them. Like I said, there is a check valve in the cap and I can depress it and blow air through the cap. 3 of them do not close completely when I release the plunger. One acts like a real check valve and opens and closes as I depress the check valve. My first question is, What are these caps called? the other question is, what is normal. the valve partially open and when the plunger is depressed, it goes full open, or should it close completely and open when the plunger is depressed.

I have soaked them in Isopropal alcohol but it hasn't fixed anything. Where can I get replacements?

Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
That is called the delivery valve. These parts do have a spring and poppet as you noticed. I bought a machine that someone sabotaged and removed the springs to make it not function right.

How far did you go into the pump? all 4 elements need to be calibrated or else you will have different amounts of fuel going into each cylinder. This requires a special test bench to adjust to get it right.

OP
OP
T

TottenhamMark

That is called the delivery valve. These parts do have a spring and poppet as you noticed. I bought a machine that someone sabotaged and removed the springs to make it not function right.

How far did you go into the pump? all 4 elements need to be calibrated or else you will have different amounts of fuel going into each cylinder. This requires a special test bench to adjust to get it right.
I have everything ripped apart and cleaned. I don't have any test equipment so I hope this works out okay. I will order up a set of delivery valves (if I can find them) and see how it runs

foton

the proper test equipment costs thousand of dollars, my suggestion is if it does not run correctly,take it to a shop there are pressures that develop in these pumps that can poison your blood or blind you if get injected. be carefull.

Tazza

Staff member
I'd like to hear how it works out for you

The chances of you getting all 4 to inject the same amount of fuel without test gear, will not be low. without test gear, you'll need to measure exhaust temperatures, if any run hotter than others, you are getting more fuel in these cylinders.

I believe you can get them close if you get them all lined up the same, i believe there is a flat spot, as long as it matches on all 4, you are close, it's just the fine tuning that will be hard.

OP
OP
T

TottenhamMark

Thanks everyone. I will probably do all of the dirty work and have a shop calibrate it. I want to replace the delivery valves that TAZZA pointed out but I cant for the life of me find a part number. It is item 60 but there is no number associated with it. If someone could help it would be appreciated

1698686839793.png

Jim A

Old forge power in Pennsylvania has thousands of motors parts used .
Perhaps they may have a used pump or motor that is bad for parts .

Latest posts