Tires for 863????

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RS Coyote

I got a 863 and I have found BRAND NEW`12X16.5 10 PLY TUBELESS DURAMAX SKID STEER TIRE, LOAD RANGE E/10PLY for $110 each shipped to my door. Or NEW`12X16.5 12 PLY TUBELESS KOMET BRAND TIRE, LOAD RANGE F/12PLY for $150 each shipped Are these good deals? Can you tell me more about them? What about filling with foam and retreading? .................................................. I'm also looking for tires that won't tear up lawns. I was thinking of aircraft tires. Any suggestions on what tires to get & wheels?

500K_773

Sorry, I searched with Google for the two tires you described and couldn't find any info. Where are you getting them from? An internet dealer or local dealer?
Are you getting new wheels also? You would be less likely to disturb lawns if you use a wider turf tire (less PSI because of the wider footprint). If you are buying another set of wheels, maybe purchase a 12" wide wheel (your current wheels should be 9.75" wide) and get some 33x15.50.16.5 turf and sand tires. You should be able to get these from Bobcat or Galaxy Tire (http://www.galaxytire.com/pages/ProductDetail.asp?product_id=614&cat_id=1). The downside is that you will lose some mud performance, but if you have your original wheels and tires, you could switch back if necessary for muddy jobs.
Foam filling the tires will add weight. This is good for added ballast and increasing your lift capability, but will increase your machine weight. If you increase your machine weight without going to a wider tire, you will most like rut up lawns more. Are aircraft tires smooth tread or just grooved? I imagine a turf tire will give you better performance than an aircraft tire. I also don't know the load ratings for aircraft tire sizes that would fit your machine.

OP
OP
R

RS Coyote

Sorry, I searched with Google for the two tires you described and couldn't find any info. Where are you getting them from? An internet dealer or local dealer?
Are you getting new wheels also? You would be less likely to disturb lawns if you use a wider turf tire (less PSI because of the wider footprint). If you are buying another set of wheels, maybe purchase a 12" wide wheel (your current wheels should be 9.75" wide) and get some 33x15.50.16.5 turf and sand tires. You should be able to get these from Bobcat or Galaxy Tire (http://www.galaxytire.com/pages/ProductDetail.asp?product_id=614&cat_id=1). The downside is that you will lose some mud performance, but if you have your original wheels and tires, you could switch back if necessary for muddy jobs.
Foam filling the tires will add weight. This is good for added ballast and increasing your lift capability, but will increase your machine weight. If you increase your machine weight without going to a wider tire, you will most like rut up lawns more. Are aircraft tires smooth tread or just grooved? I imagine a turf tire will give you better performance than an aircraft tire. I also don't know the load ratings for aircraft tire sizes that would fit your machine.
Yes, I will be getting another set of wheels for the turf or aircraft tires. Mud tires above are listed on Ebay.

buybigtires

Yes, I will be getting another set of wheels for the turf or aircraft tires. Mud tires above are listed on Ebay.
You need 12x16.5 with an L-4 tread pattern. Primex makes a Boss Grip L-4 that is an extremely Heavy Duty Tire. They make a less expensive version, but you will run 1 set of the more expensive tire vs. 3 of the lower quality version.

WebbCo

You need 12x16.5 with an L-4 tread pattern. Primex makes a Boss Grip L-4 that is an extremely Heavy Duty Tire. They make a less expensive version, but you will run 1 set of the more expensive tire vs. 3 of the lower quality version.
Find a supergrip tire dealer in your area for a real set of tires...12x16.5 R4 12 ply or L5 Brute 14 ply tires...1200 plus hours...1 5/8 deep tread...been there done that. Not cheap, but flats cost more than the tire in down time.

Mark

skidsteer.ca

Find a supergrip tire dealer in your area for a real set of tires...12x16.5 R4 12 ply or L5 Brute 14 ply tires...1200 plus hours...1 5/8 deep tread...been there done that. Not cheap, but flats cost more than the tire in down time.

Mark
I've run the duramax and was happy with their perfromance for the price i paid. Comparable to the oem bobcat HD tire imho.
As for the Komets, I just got a set or their truck tires for my fuel truck this spring, we only put 500 miles a year on, so I did'nt want to spend to much, but I should have spent more. They had no steel belts and I blew one out and had a second separated b4 I wore the "nubs" off. I took the other 2 off and bought a better set.
I hope some of the tires they make are better then theseee
Ken