Tennessee Tornado's Last Week

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pondfishr

Last Tuesday night at 9:00 M CST we had a home heavily damaged by a tornado. We were not the only people that were hit and many others suffered large losses. Please take the time to pray for these folks they need all the encouragement that they can get. If you would like to make donations to those less fortunate let me know and I will see who you need to get with. Some folks lost everything that they own. I am lucky that mine was a house that I am renovating and was 100% finished when it was hit. I now get to start back where I was a few months ago and my insurance company refuses to pay for any trees that are not on the home. I did have 4 laying on top of a two story home. I had a very LARGE number of trees twisted and entwined on and around the house spread over our property. The house suffered structural damage and blown out windows but we should be able to rebuild. The reason I wanted to post this message was to speak about the HOPE that the volunteers along with my 743 brought to me. Without my skidsteer and some really good saw men I would be in a world of hurt. We had Angels land carrying chain saws this weekend. If you ever see a natural disaster and have the ability to help please do. I was devastated until I realized that I had the help of friends and people I didn't even know. We still have a long way to go but with the Angels saws and trailers we are rejoicing tonight. Also with out the Bobcat and what it can do we would be days behind where we are now.

skidsteer.ca

Pondfishr
God bless all the people whos lives were changed by the events of Tuesday night.
Our prayers and thoughts will be with you all.
Sincerely
Ken, Heidi, Cole, Blake, and Alex

Tazza

Staff member
Pondfishr
God bless all the people whos lives were changed by the events of Tuesday night.
Our prayers and thoughts will be with you all.
Sincerely
Ken, Heidi, Cole, Blake, and Alex
Glad you are safe, a house can be re-built, you can't!
I know its terrible when things like this happen, but its great to see when people work together to help out!
I hope your insurance company doesn't drag its feet and helps you out quickly like they should!

Fishfiles

Pondfishr , my heart goes out to you and everyone involved in this diaster , I know how you'll are feeling and what you are going thru as we are still living thru the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina over 2 years after the storm , and from the way it looks the recovery will go on for many , many years to come for us , it really takes a while for what happened to all settle in on you , my best advise is to take it one day at a time and stay focused on your efforts cause I have seen so many good people give up or burn out and fall apart , I meet alot of new "good" friends and found out just how bad and low down some people can really be by them taking advantage of the situation when people are really in need , so I can say a major diaster like this brings out the best and the worst in people , I hope everything comes together for you and everyone else affected by the tornados -------------------after the storm their were congressmen and others who felt that New Orleans should have not be rebuilt , they didn't want to waste money and resources helping us , well , where ever you live in this country a diaster can come your way at any time , from wildfires , to earthquakes , floods , tornados , hurricanes , land slides , snow and ice storms , etc , etc , so is there really any safe place to live ---- they keep saying that global warming is a myth , they just need to rename it to make it more acceptable to something like drastic climatic changes as I think it is real and happening , I think the Earth is going thru changes in a cycle that it has gone thru many times before in the billions of years it has been floating around , great diasters are written in the books of religions , history and myth , the Myans believed it happens every 5125 years and we are approaching the date of which they called the start of the 4th great cycle which is December 21, 2012 @7:00 which is also the date of their calanders ending , I know that their ain't much I can do about it other than hold on for the ride , a tornado in Febuary is rare from what I have read , so many of them at the same time is unbelieveable ------------- I guess the bottom line is you need to enjoy every minute of life now , good luck and God Bless

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

Pondfishr , my heart goes out to you and everyone involved in this diaster , I know how you'll are feeling and what you are going thru as we are still living thru the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina over 2 years after the storm , and from the way it looks the recovery will go on for many , many years to come for us , it really takes a while for what happened to all settle in on you , my best advise is to take it one day at a time and stay focused on your efforts cause I have seen so many good people give up or burn out and fall apart , I meet alot of new "good" friends and found out just how bad and low down some people can really be by them taking advantage of the situation when people are really in need , so I can say a major diaster like this brings out the best and the worst in people , I hope everything comes together for you and everyone else affected by the tornados -------------------after the storm their were congressmen and others who felt that New Orleans should have not be rebuilt , they didn't want to waste money and resources helping us , well , where ever you live in this country a diaster can come your way at any time , from wildfires , to earthquakes , floods , tornados , hurricanes , land slides , snow and ice storms , etc , etc , so is there really any safe place to live ---- they keep saying that global warming is a myth , they just need to rename it to make it more acceptable to something like drastic climatic changes as I think it is real and happening , I think the Earth is going thru changes in a cycle that it has gone thru many times before in the billions of years it has been floating around , great diasters are written in the books of religions , history and myth , the Myans believed it happens every 5125 years and we are approaching the date of which they called the start of the 4th great cycle which is December 21, 2012 @7:00 which is also the date of their calanders ending , I know that their ain't much I can do about it other than hold on for the ride , a tornado in Febuary is rare from what I have read , so many of them at the same time is unbelieveable ------------- I guess the bottom line is you need to enjoy every minute of life now , good luck and God Bless
Thanks for the all the kind words!! We live here in Williamson County and this is a website dedicated here locally. www.williamsonrocks.com/ I will post pictures of our home later but the picture of the green house is right up the road from me.

owensge

Thanks for the all the kind words!! We live here in Williamson County and this is a website dedicated here locally. www.williamsonrocks.com/ I will post pictures of our home later but the picture of the green house is right up the road from me.
There is no doubt that we are all in this together. I too believe that we are in for some more rough times and that those of us with certain skills will be greatly needed.
This disaster puts some things into perspective for me. I am always thinking to myself, "man what would I do without my bobcat", here it's more like "man where would the folks that I helped be without my bobcat".
Our prayers definitely go forth!

Fishfiles

There is no doubt that we are all in this together. I too believe that we are in for some more rough times and that those of us with certain skills will be greatly needed.
This disaster puts some things into perspective for me. I am always thinking to myself, "man what would I do without my bobcat", here it's more like "man where would the folks that I helped be without my bobcat".
Our prayers definitely go forth!
Today we had tornados and water spouts in Greater New Orleans accompaning one of the worst squalls I have seen ever and I spend alot of time on the water and have been thru some bad ones , lighting and hail with winds I say exceeded 60mph easy , rain was comig down sideways and I was driving in it and personally seen a spout that was witness by many on the edge of Lake Ponchartrain and the Causeway Bridge , it was over water but the funnel was actually crocked back over land , in a sperate incident one woman was standing in the front of a hospital in Independence , La and witness say she was sucked up into the air flow , it is a shame she didn't survive the fall back down, I also heard today that they expect the Mississippi River to get to the highest level it has been to in many years , looks like the Bobcats will be busy

Tazza

Staff member
Today we had tornados and water spouts in Greater New Orleans accompaning one of the worst squalls I have seen ever and I spend alot of time on the water and have been thru some bad ones , lighting and hail with winds I say exceeded 60mph easy , rain was comig down sideways and I was driving in it and personally seen a spout that was witness by many on the edge of Lake Ponchartrain and the Causeway Bridge , it was over water but the funnel was actually crocked back over land , in a sperate incident one woman was standing in the front of a hospital in Independence , La and witness say she was sucked up into the air flow , it is a shame she didn't survive the fall back down, I also heard today that they expect the Mississippi River to get to the highest level it has been to in many years , looks like the Bobcats will be busy
These are the times i'm glad i live in Australia, we don't have tornado's or earth quakes, we do have cyclones (you call them hurricanes). This is the season we usually get our cyclones but the weather has been so screwed up we have had nothing. It has sure helped with keeping the temperatures down but the rain is driving me crazy but has helped fill our dams. Its been going on for 2-3 months so far..... I still haven't had any time to start working my my 751 to prep it for painting, no point starting when it gets wet the same day you clean it up!
I hope everyone stays safe in this wild weather!

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

These are the times i'm glad i live in Australia, we don't have tornado's or earth quakes, we do have cyclones (you call them hurricanes). This is the season we usually get our cyclones but the weather has been so screwed up we have had nothing. It has sure helped with keeping the temperatures down but the rain is driving me crazy but has helped fill our dams. Its been going on for 2-3 months so far..... I still haven't had any time to start working my my 751 to prep it for painting, no point starting when it gets wet the same day you clean it up!
I hope everyone stays safe in this wild weather!
Tazza can you offer any tips on posting pictures to the site. I don't have a web space I can upload them to before I post to the forum. We all need to keep our heads low to the ground. Here we have an ice storm tonight and a week ago today it was 70 degrees and the tornado's hit. La Nina or Global Warming. Something is definitely different than it was when I was a kid.

Fishfiles

Tazza can you offer any tips on posting pictures to the site. I don't have a web space I can upload them to before I post to the forum. We all need to keep our heads low to the ground. Here we have an ice storm tonight and a week ago today it was 70 degrees and the tornado's hit. La Nina or Global Warming. Something is definitely different than it was when I was a kid.
We had three days in a row of the blues skies you ever seen , right at 70 degrees and not even the smallest cloud in sight , then in a matter of hours it went to worst thunderstorm I may have ever seen short of a hurricane , I hear what you are saying about when you were a kid , I can remember you wore a jacket from September till March every year in school , there were no warm days , now days Christmas and Mardi Gras is short pants weather ------------I know this is far feathed and wierd but my idea on what is going on with mother earth , on 2012 , December 21 , as predicted by the Myans and confirmed by Nasa scientist , the planets are going into an alignment which only happens every 5000+ years , kinda just like what happened in the movie Laura Croft Tomb Raiders when Venus , Mars , Earth , the moon and the Sun are in a straight line , kinda like going over and around the hump , the gravitation pull on this alignment could cause the earth to flip it's poles some scientist now believe , the new north pole will be in the pacific near Hawaii and the south pole in the middle of the Atlantic , along with the shift will be major earth quakes , plate shifting , polar melt down , sea level water rise and tsunamis , the sinking of Atlantis ? , hmmmmm, some scientist believe that this has happened before many times and show for proof it , in that we drill for oil in Alaska , Russia and places where it is frozen with ice , the only way there could be oil formed there was for it to have be tropical at one time ------------another weird thing going on is a sceintist's studies which show that many places on Earth right now the magnetic field has already switched as a compass will point south instead of north ------I have read an article on a guy named something like Van Gousen America , who was a map maker in like the 14th century , a map was found in his library that showed an outline of the coast of Anartica , the map was thought of as a guess at what it actually looked like as it has supoosivily been totally covered in ice for a log time and no one knew for sure what it looked like , with new technoligy satelites that can pierce a beam thru the ice they have been able to make a map of what the land mass looks like , placed on top of Von Americas copy it matches with uncanny accuracy , so it would seem that along history someone with enough skills to produce a map has seen Anartic with the ice not there , which is suppose to have been a very long time ago -------I need to stop reading all that junk , but who knows , I think the history books may need to be rewritten one day when we really find out what went on , it makes me go , hmmmmmmmmmm !

Tazza

Staff member
We had three days in a row of the blues skies you ever seen , right at 70 degrees and not even the smallest cloud in sight , then in a matter of hours it went to worst thunderstorm I may have ever seen short of a hurricane , I hear what you are saying about when you were a kid , I can remember you wore a jacket from September till March every year in school , there were no warm days , now days Christmas and Mardi Gras is short pants weather ------------I know this is far feathed and wierd but my idea on what is going on with mother earth , on 2012 , December 21 , as predicted by the Myans and confirmed by Nasa scientist , the planets are going into an alignment which only happens every 5000+ years , kinda just like what happened in the movie Laura Croft Tomb Raiders when Venus , Mars , Earth , the moon and the Sun are in a straight line , kinda like going over and around the hump , the gravitation pull on this alignment could cause the earth to flip it's poles some scientist now believe , the new north pole will be in the pacific near Hawaii and the south pole in the middle of the Atlantic , along with the shift will be major earth quakes , plate shifting , polar melt down , sea level water rise and tsunamis , the sinking of Atlantis ? , hmmmmm, some scientist believe that this has happened before many times and show for proof it , in that we drill for oil in Alaska , Russia and places where it is frozen with ice , the only way there could be oil formed there was for it to have be tropical at one time ------------another weird thing going on is a sceintist's studies which show that many places on Earth right now the magnetic field has already switched as a compass will point south instead of north ------I have read an article on a guy named something like Van Gousen America , who was a map maker in like the 14th century , a map was found in his library that showed an outline of the coast of Anartica , the map was thought of as a guess at what it actually looked like as it has supoosivily been totally covered in ice for a log time and no one knew for sure what it looked like , with new technoligy satelites that can pierce a beam thru the ice they have been able to make a map of what the land mass looks like , placed on top of Von Americas copy it matches with uncanny accuracy , so it would seem that along history someone with enough skills to produce a map has seen Anartic with the ice not there , which is suppose to have been a very long time ago -------I need to stop reading all that junk , but who knows , I think the history books may need to be rewritten one day when we really find out what went on , it makes me go , hmmmmmmmmmm !
pondfishr - Just upload them in the media section, just do as the instructions tell and you should be good to go! It seems to lower the size and quality though, but its all we can do.
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/EditModule.aspx?tabid=52&mid=416
Just make sure once you have uploaded the files that you click update down the bottom left, that way you can see what has been uploaded.
I need to look around for storage on the net to store higher quality images.
Fishfiles - i remember reading about the pole shift a while back, they have been saying its been overdue for MANY years. Everyone just seems to blame global warming for all the crazy weather, no body knows just who is rite.

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

pondfishr - Just upload them in the media section, just do as the instructions tell and you should be good to go! It seems to lower the size and quality though, but its all we can do.
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/EditModule.aspx?tabid=52&mid=416
Just make sure once you have uploaded the files that you click update down the bottom left, that way you can see what has been uploaded.
I need to look around for storage on the net to store higher quality images.
Fishfiles - i remember reading about the pole shift a while back, they have been saying its been overdue for MANY years. Everyone just seems to blame global warming for all the crazy weather, no body knows just who is rite.
I just created a folder Tennessee Tornado's in the media photo section. I will try to take some more images tomorrow to show our progress. Thank you to the Bobcat forum for helping me keep my machine in good shape. I still have the leaky wheel seal that needs repaired but I am feeding it oil until I can get it done.

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

I just created a folder Tennessee Tornado's in the media photo section. I will try to take some more images tomorrow to show our progress. Thank you to the Bobcat forum for helping me keep my machine in good shape. I still have the leaky wheel seal that needs repaired but I am feeding it oil until I can get it done.
Before I forget the picture of the Akita in the Tennessee Tornado album is Keiko my best friend that I lost 3 weeks ago. He was 10 years old and passed away suddenly. He was a great dog and is missed dearly.

Tazza

Staff member
Before I forget the picture of the Akita in the Tennessee Tornado album is Keiko my best friend that I lost 3 weeks ago. He was 10 years old and passed away suddenly. He was a great dog and is missed dearly.
Sorry to hear about your dog, i know its hard as they become a member of the family. We lost our dog about 6 months ago, he was loved by everyone.
As for the storm damage, it doesn't look THAT bad, a lot of broken glass and a lot of trees down but over all it doesn't look too bad. It could have been much worse! I cam imagine all the carpet is now no good too.

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

Sorry to hear about your dog, i know its hard as they become a member of the family. We lost our dog about 6 months ago, he was loved by everyone.
As for the storm damage, it doesn't look THAT bad, a lot of broken glass and a lot of trees down but over all it doesn't look too bad. It could have been much worse! I cam imagine all the carpet is now no good too.
Considering I had been working on this home for over a year, completely remodeling every aspect it was not a welcome site. When we bought the home it needed a lot of work, in addition to the inside we used a dozer to landscape trees clearing the lot up prior to this. The home was 100% completed when the storm hit and we had a buyer with a signed real estate contract. Hopefully they will still want it when we can get it back together just more $$ on our end. Others had it much worse and lost everything.