6 years since my last post....and in trouble again...s185 water in hydraulic fluid.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

twinturbo007

Howdy all, its been 6 years since my last need to post, but mainly due to always searching the forum and finding great answers. SO, my s185 turbo has a very milky hydraulic fluid, using 46 hydraulic fluid, (any opinions on 46 for the S185, pls definitely add a comment, im not sure) and my bobcat is not liking it, its hydraulic light is acting up and doing the run then turning off automatically. I have changed the oil twice now, and I have been removing all hydraulic connectors, blowing out more milky stuff where ever I can, and I am at the point of running my 3rd new lot of oil through. So my question is, its fine Im blowing out the hoses, rams etc, but I am sure im missing something, is there, apart from the obvious sump plug for the hydraulic tank, is there a another point that i am missing re properly clearing out the hydraulic fluid? I wondered if there was a systematic way to ensure that the bobcat was cleaned out of any water in the hydraulics but could not find to much on the web. Any hints on what i can do to try and fix this little dilemma, much appreciated. cheers from Brenton Meadows VK3CM Tangambalanga North East Victoria Australia

Tazza

Staff member
The way i have done it was to run the machine at iddl and using the aux hydraulics, pump the fluid out into a drum, when it starts to spit, shut the machine down.
Remove the hydraulic filter, drain it out into a container, re-fit it and add a bottle or two of oil. Run the machine around a little bit, lift tilt etc, to get the fresh fluid moving around, pump the fluid out again and repeat the pricess till it's clean. On the last run, don't just drain the filter, replace it with a new one.

farmshop

The way i have done it was to run the machine at iddl and using the aux hydraulics, pump the fluid out into a drum, when it starts to spit, shut the machine down.
Remove the hydraulic filter, drain it out into a container, re-fit it and add a bottle or two of oil. Run the machine around a little bit, lift tilt etc, to get the fresh fluid moving around, pump the fluid out again and repeat the pricess till it's clean. On the last run, don't just drain the filter, replace it with a new one.
I would make sure to use a quality oil and if you can get the oil warmer it seems to help get rid of contamination. It can take several attempts to get it